Part Nine*

Abubakar's POV.

She's gone. She went to spend the weekend in her parent's house and it was completely fine with me. Even though I went ballistic on her yesterday after mama left, that she just cooked whatever she like without asking me and I told her she should stop wasting her time because from yesterday I only eat restaurant food whenever she's cooking.

I was with Faisal in his flat going through my Instagram feed when I came across a picture of Fauziyya. She was with a guy in the picture apparently they went jogging and they took the picture. Out of curiosity I decided to see what she posted on her story and so I viewed it. She went out with a guy at 6am in fact from her other stories it didn't seem like she went to her parent's house but I don't know why I care, it's her life.

"Kai! Why are you twisting your face like that?"
I give him my phone to see it.

"Start from the very first one" I say.
He keeps scrolling and making weird faces anytime he sees a new picture.

He hands me back my phone.
"If anyone showed me that....I'd never say she's married"

"It's her problem".
"Wow you really are daft. If she's painted black you'll be painted black as well. She's not your girlfriend or side chick, she's your wife. Her image is your image and your image is hers".

"It's still not my problem".
"Well you should thank god I haven't punched you for what you did"

"What did I do?"

"Well you told me she was hideous and I really felt sad for you".

"She is"

"Bastard. I was expecting ugly Betty or Penelope"

"Who is Penelope?"

"The girl with the pig nose"

"But she really is ugly".

"Actually I'd give her an 85%".

"Eighty five? You are the daft one".

"Screw you, dumbass".

"Why are you getting salty?" I ask.
"Because you are stupid. If you treat your wife like trash people around you will also do the same. Give her respect and they give her respect".

"And why would I care if they treat her like trash?"
"If they see the way you treat her the respect they have for you will vanish and so they start disrespecting not only your wife but you as well".
"Shut up I'm not interested" I say back.

::

Garba and I are seated in baba's office waiting for him to finally attend to us.
Today is our first day at work and we are both excited. But I know if it's my father the excitement will vanish very soon.

He just arrived and he's behaving like we didn't just wait for him for 2hours.

"Baba you told us to come here by 7am but you're arriving at 9"
"I know. That is what people will do to you when you want to see them. At least here you are given refreshments, you're sitting on a comfortable chair while watching tv in an air conditioned room. Other places you might not be so lucky".

I said it, now we both sat down like mute idiots.
"You should go meet John for everything you need, you know his office right?"
He asks and I nod back.

"Garba why don't you head out first I want to talk to Abubakar".
Garba gets up and leaves.

"How has everything been with you and Fauziyya?"
"Good".

"You have always been a liar. Tell me what is going on with you two?"
"Nothing much".

"A lawyer that can't tell the truth can't protect the law and stand by it".
"I don't think it's anything interesting".

"I didn't ask whether it was interesting or not, did I?"
"Its complicated and I'm still trying to get used to it".

"Is that why you went to your friend's house for 4days leaving your wife alone?"

"Baba, I know what I did was wrong—"
"—Shut up! Your mothers are worried".

"I don't like her baba".
"It's too late for that now. You didn't think about that when you were trying to escape. Maybe if you talked to me about it I could have gotten you someone else that you like but you said you liked her so you'll have to bear your cross. And I don't want to hear a thing about how you mistreat that innocent girl. Everyday your mother worries about your relationship with your wife"

I don't say anything so as not to annoy him.
"You can leave"
I hurry out.

::

It's been exactly a week today, since Fauziyya was supposed to come back and she's still not back home. Yesterday I was informed she didn't go home, when Mami went to see her mum. And now I'm getting worried, what if she ran away? Because that would cause chaos. Then I thought of something. I looked for the picture she posted with the guy and wrote down the address she put on her location.

After taking a bath and eating the lunch the maid cooked I went out in search for my immature wife.

I got to the street and parked in front of two gatemen who are drinking tea. They had to be from Niger.

"Salamu'alaikum" I say to them.
"Amsawa (answering)" they say back. What the hell is amsawa kumah? Aren't they Muslims?
"Danallah kunsan wata Fauziyya Tafida? (Do you know Fauziya Tafida?)"
"Sosai kam. Tana gidan Alhaji Dikko (she's in Alhaji Dikko's house)" one of the men replies back.
"Tohm nagode (okay, thank you)" I say back but they didn't reply, it's like they wanted me to stop disturbing them so I did immediately they showed me the house.

After 10mins of fighting with the gateman he finally let me in to see Fauziyya. I met her outside talking with the same guy I saw in her pictures.
"Fauziyya?" I call her name.
For a moment I thought maybe she was deaf because she didn't even turn back to look at me until I called her name again.

"Abubakar" She says turning around. She was wearing a blue pencil trouser and a black shirt. She only had her veil on but it's not something I see her wear around the house.

"I came to take you back home"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. Come on let's go" I say walking away.
I turn back and I see her still seated talking to the guy.

"Fauziyya!"
"Okay I'm coming"

::

I sat down on the couch waiting for my food. I checked the clock only to see it was already quarter to 9, so I got and went straight to the kitchen but there was no food kept there. I go upstairs and knock on the door.
"Come in"
I walk in and see her wearing a 'I ❤️ NY' shirt that was above her knee barely keeping her ass covered. It was probably a guys shirt because the hand of the shirt that was supposed to be by her elbow was actually down to her wrist. She was seated in a chair with her leg crossed using her IPad.

"Where is my dinner" I was trying hard so my eyes wouldn't drift and look somewhere else, it was so hard to stay concentrated on her face alone.

"You said I shouldn't bother giving you food ever again so I cooked something for myself and the gateman alone".

"So you gave the gateman food but not me?"
"Well he can't afford a restaurant like you and I can't drive like you so since we can only eat here why not make it for us".

"Oh! Keep it up" I slam the door angrily and walk to my room.

.
.
Vengeance, Oh Sweet Vengeance.....🎶
.
.
.
Hope you enjoyed the chapter ya'll.
.
.
Please vote and comment.