Part Eight**

NEW CHAPTERRR!!!

I don't think I am a bad person, if not then why the hell am I treated like one? I never did anything to deserve such.

Abubakar has not been home for 3days and I don't want to start asking around, it would seem like I have no idea where my  groom is.
I can't take this hassle anymore, it's just too much.

My phone starts ringing and I pick it up.

Yo!

What do you want?

Me?

Yes you Kalthum Tanimu.

Oh, even my fathers name.

Yup.

Your voice is shaking, are you crying?

I'm not.

You sound distressed.

I really I'm not.

I'm on my way.

No way.

She hangs up.

Moments later Kalthum barges in.
"Wait, how the hell did you get here so fast?" I ask surprised to see her.
"I was going over to my sister's house when I decided to call and hear how you were doing but immediately I heard your voice I knew I had to come over.

She sits beside me and keeps her bag on the carpet.
"Fauziyya what is wrong with you?"

"Nothing" I say back wishing she would just leave everything alone.
"I don't believe you. Your eyes are puffy which obviously means that you have been crying. You look wretched. You look like someone else".

I start crying.
"I don't understand Kalthum. He hates me so much and he's making me pay for whatever he is feeling. I can't take anymore of it".

"What did he do exactly?"
"Seriously?? It's like asking me why I didn't marry Dahir instead"

"I like you way better when you were sniffling".
I smile and say nothing.

"You don't have to let him treat you this way".
"And I can't disrespect him, if Abba finds out I'm going to be fucked"

"So you are going to let him trample all over you?"
"There's nothing else to do".
"Incase you get back in your right senses you know my number"

I don't reply.
"Let's watch a movie" she suggests.
"Fine".

::

It's a shame that no one can stay in this house with me forever. Not even my cute little brother Amir, he's 9.

Abubakar and I were seated in the living room together. It's not progress it's actually because his mum is sitting across us looking from one person to another.

"So how has it been? How are you?" She asks me.
"I've been better" i say back.

"Have you two decided on giving me a grandchild?"
"Mama will you please stop being so direct? And no we haven't. I can't seem to stay in the same room she's in".

"Wait! So you two haven't even consummated your marriage? That's absurd. Do you know what it means to do it on your wedding night?"

"You found out on google?" He asks sarcastically.
"Islamically. Why are you stupid?"

"You forced me to get married and any other thing is between my wife and I".

"Fauziyya give us a minute" She says and I get up and leave but I stay by the door to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"What do you think you are doing?" She asks angrily.
"I just hate being married to that girl".

"Then why didn't you say that sooner?"
He scoffs.

"Why didn't I? Because you wouldn't have listened anyway".
"And because you knew it would be the only way your father and I would stop pestering and controlling your life".
"Yeah exactly".