A Farewell To My Sister

Dearest Alice, 

As I write this, I experience true pain for possibly my first time since being a vampire. Not emotional pain mind you, I've had plenty of that. But the kind of pain that resonates deep within your soul, and feels as though physical hands are slowly squeezing your heart. 

You have always been there for me, and now I am not there for you. Please, understand I do this because I love you, not because I want it. I do it, because Laurent will not hesitate to kill you or Jasper to get to me, and I would not survive losing either of you in that way. I may yet not survive losing you this way, that is to be seen.

But be certain of one thing dear sister, you are not alone now that I am gone. You have Jasper, you two are more in love than I have ever seen anyone be, and I am overjoyed for you. Please, do not stop being yourself for me. Be your happy, spastic, lovable self, because Jasper will need your ray of sunshine personality now more than ever.

I will return to you one day, I do not know when, but it will be someday. We had lost each other once before, and I believe the universe has made it clear that it is not meant to be permanent. So please, dearest Alice, do not give up, on you, on Jasper, or on me, because someday, we will be together again.

Your loving sister, Isabella Marie Swan

P.S. please forgive me