00:35

Emily's POV

I sighed for the last time after getting another call from Alison. I swallowed my gut feeling and also the thought in my head telling me decline her damn call.

I swiped across the screen placing the phone to my ear. "What took you so long to answer the phone?" She asks in the most aggressive tone.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I don't work for you. I don't have to do anything and everything you tell me to do. I don't have to come to you at your beck and call"

I gave her the same aggressive tone back.

"Emily"

"Alison, just please. I just want three days. Okay. That's all I'm asking for" I beg for her to just leave me be in a soft low tone.

I hear her sigh, she was obviously frustrated. She didn't think I'd take this long to make up my mind on whether I wanted to forgive her.

Honestly, I'm still thinking if she deserves it. I didn't want to think about her or our situation any longer then I had too.

"Okay. But after three days I want an answer"

"You'll get one" I answer almost to quickly as if I was afraid of her. For the first time it was me who was calling the shots not her and I couldn't but feel powerful.

I look outside the taxi window as the driver pulled up along the sidewalk of the large house.

"Look I got to go, okay. I'll speak to you when I can" I say without even giving her a chance to say goodbye I hung up on her.

This weekend was way more important then anything Alison and I were dealing with. I was finally visiting my family for my sister's birthday.

Alison on the other hand had no idea of the sort. I told her that I would staying at Kimberly's house for the time being. Knowing that I was doing that when I wasn't at her house, she obviously believe me.

"This is it?" The driver asked.

I nodded giving a soft smile before grabbing my duffle bag and opening the door.

I stood there for a second taking in the breathe of my hometown air. Its been forever since I've been here. I remember feeling so happy to be able to get away and live my own life, make my own decisions.

I shut the door, walking to the already opened trunk and pulling out my suitcase. I rolled it onto the sidewalk walking to the passenger side of the taxi.

"Thank you" I say before reaching in my back pocket and pulling out a ten dollar bill for a tip.

"Have a nice night" the driver tells me before giving a greeting smile and driving off. I nodded, grabbing my bags and walking towards the front door.

I rang the door bell after letting out a deep sigh. I can't even believe I'm back in this stupid town, as much as I missed it, strangely I also didn't.

I was brought out my thoughts once I heard the door unlock causing me to force a smile as the door opened.

"Emily!" My mother says loudly before embracing me with a hug as I smile widely.

"Hey, mom" I say, parting letting her take a look at the daughter she hasn't seen in a while, the daughter who she missed dearly.

"Did you eat before you got on the plane?" She asks me. I nod lying, I wasn't in the mood to eat anything, especially when the thoughts of them asking questions about Talia and I were literally in the back of my mind.

"You guys look whose finally here!" My mother shouts, shutting the door allowing me to walk into the house.

My mother pulls me into the familiar house before turning the corner, I turn to see Shay on her phone.