00:39

"I'm her girlfriend"

The words echoed in my head over and over again as if this was a dream. Am I dead? God is it you?

"T-this doesn't make any sense to me, you do realize that right? I mean.. how?... when???... why???" My mother states pacing back and forth across the guest bedroom.

I sighed with my arms folded, waiting for her to stop bitching about who I was screwing and not.

"I mean was she the reason you cheated on Talia?" My mother asks.

"I wasn't the only one who cheated!" I raised my voice in anger.

"But you're the only one who doesn't want to make things work. Why?" She asks me.

Because I don't have too.
Why was she being irrational then again when was my mother ever the rational type.

"For the last time... I don't want too and I don't have too. Why does it matter whether I end up marrying Talia or not, can't you just be happy that I'm happy?" I ask her seriously.

My mother and I could have this conversation millions of times, and she would still find a way to make it seem like she was the one in the right.

"Happy? You call being a hoe happy?"

A hoe? I've slept with two people my entire lifetime and I'm suddenly a hoe. The nerve of this woman.

"A hoe? Talia and I both slept with people but I'm the hoe?" I asked her seriously. She was fucking ridiculous.

"I raised you better then this" my mother ignores my question. Correction, the only person who raised me was dad and when he left, it was just me.

Raising me is what? Treating me like a step-child or even worst a foster kid you don't even want. Acting as if I'm not around. Won't even look at me. All because I like girls give me a damn break.

"Mom, please stop"

I was this close to snapping at her. She was pissing me off and I don't think I could play the role of respectful daughter anymore.

"Stop? You want me to stop. No. I mean who in the hell is that woman anyway? Why is saying she's your girlfriend when you and Talia are supposed to be together?" She asks completely ignoring my wishes.

Five.

"Supposed to? Talia and I aren't together. Once again" What couldn't she understand about that?

"I don't understand why you can't work things out, emily. All I want for you is the best in life" she tells me.

Four.

"That isn't up to you. You don't get to decide who I should and should not love. It's my life. Whether I decided to be with Alison or go back to Talia isn't any of your concern"

"It is because I'm your mother" she argues.

Actually it isn't.

Three.

"Why are you being like this?" I ask her wanting to know the truth.

"Would you rather me not care?" She asks me.
As if she's never acted like that before.

Two.

"Honestly yes. You've done it before for years. I rather you just leave me be. I don't see you bothering Shay about the guys she's been with. I'm pretty sure you know Kevin isn't the only guy she's been with. Why are you only bothering me?" I asked.

"It's different, okay. You know it is"

I look at her and froze. It always came down to the same thing. Every time we fought, every time I wanted to leave, was because of her having a hard time accepting the fact that I wasn't into men.