I'M NOT A WEIRDO!

As Yukizome followed Y/n to the headmaster's office not a word was said. Y/n had put his earbuds back in his ears and was humming to himself quietly. Yukizome turned to him and seemed to be asking him a question. Y/n took out an earbud and tilted his head.

Y/N: Sorry?

Yukizome: I was asking about what you were listening to...

Y/N: O-Oh just a cool song from an anime I was watching last night

Yukizome: You like anime?

Y/n started to chuckle a bit.

Y/N: Like it? I guess you could call what I have an obsession!

Yukizome: Obsession?

Y/N: I don't just watch anime! I LIVE IT! BREATH IT! CRAVE IT! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FASCINATES ME!

Yukizome: Oh?

Y/N: Most people call me a weirdo for liking it this much but-

Y/n turned to face her and took out the other earbud in his ear.

Y/N: But anime may as well teach you a lot of life lessons! All of the genres action, adventure, comedy, ecchi, music, game, magic, slice of life, mystery, and romance!

Yukizome: You sure know a lot about anime genres...

Y/N: Well I've been watching anime since I was a kid, my parents work a lot so I had to find some way to entertain myself

Yukizome: I see. What else do you know about anime.

Y/N: Not much just that the first anime made is called Astroboy and it was made in 1963 I think. Oh and it has been dubbed in English in America and is common shown there. Oh and-

Yukizome: I think I get it

Y/N: R-Right

Yukizome gave Y/n a kind smile.

Yukizome: Do you have any talents Y/N?

Y/N: Talents?

Y/n thought for a moment. Everyone in the school was trying to show off their pitching or their singing or their running. Y/n thought about it and realized that if he excluded anime he was actually painfully average in all of his subjects.

Y/N: Come to think of it....I don't exactly have any. Besides anime I can't really say I know much about anything. I'm really good at sports so...yeah I guess I don't have any talents.

Yukizome's smile didn't falter.

Yukizome: That's okay! After hearing all that I've heard from you I'm certain!

Y/N: Certain?

Yukizome didn't say anything else and they continued to walk to the headmaster's office once again.

Once the two of them reached it Yukizome thanked Y/n before heading inside and leaving Y/n alone.

Y/N: Talent huh?

It was true that Y/n didn't care for talent or Hope's Peak, but the thought of knowing that he isn't special kinda hurt. He quickly shook it off and began to walk back to his classroom. He knew that when the day was over the headmaster of Hope's Peak would announce which student he would allow into the school. After putting his earbuds back into his ears he made he continued down the hallway.

He paused for a moment. He felt like he was being watched. Was it nothing? Maybe staying up so late was getting to him. No. That wasn't it. Someone was definitely watching him. He turned around to face the stalker but found nobody.

Y/N: I really need to start going to bed on time

Y/n paused.

Y/N: Yeah not gonna happen....

He turned back around but decided to keep his music off as he walked to class. When he reached the stairs he was sure of it. He could definitely hear footsteps.

Y/N: I-I hear you out there! Come on stop hiding!

A person Y/n had never seen before came into view. Judging by their chest size Y/n could only assume they were female. But they were wearing a mask. Y/n could make out their jet black short hair she had gloves on both of her hands.

Y/N: W-What do you want?

She didn't answer but she did reach into a small pouch to reveal a military knife.

Y/N: A KNIFE!?

She inched closer and closer to Y/n in a strange dancing motion. She seemed almost like she was enjoying this. Getting off on his terror.

Y/N: Leave me alone! I-I

Y/n didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to fight. He wasn't really fast. He even really smart enough to think of a way out of this! But that was when it came to him. He remembered an anime he had watched just a few days ago where someone had used their earbuds as a way to fend off an attack from a knife. Y/n took them out and got in a battle stance!

Y/N: I-I'm warning you! Come any closer and I'll-

The girl didn't let him finish as she lunged at him with incredible and tried to slash at his arm. Y/n took his earbuds and used them as some kind of rope. He grasped onto the knife with his earbuds and used them to pull the knife away. He grabbed it as it came towards him and held it up to her.

Y/N: How do you like no having a weapon anymore?

Y/n teased. 

The girl didn't seem to like this and reached from something else. She froze however when she heard rapid footsteps from behind them. Y/n recognized her as Yukizome.

Yukizome: THAT'S ENOUGH MUKURO!

Y/N: Mukuro?

Yukizome finally reached the two teenagers and huffed.

Yukizome: I didn't ask you to kill him!

Mukuro: Sorry...

The girl took off her mask and revealed her face to Y/n.

Mukuro: My name is Mukuro Ikusaba

Y/N: Y-Y/N...L/N

Yukizome: Mukuro here is the Ultimate Soldier she goes to Hope's Peak!

Y/N: H-Hope's Peak?

Yukizome: Y/N L/N!

Yukizome faced Y/n with a confident smirk.

Yukizome: After witnessing what I did just now I know! Would YOU like to attend Hope's Peak academy and join the 78th class with Mukuro here as the Ultimate Otaku!

Y/N: W-What?