Chapter 1

Your POV

The slamming of hands on my desk caused me to squeak in surprise nearly spilling my latte on my freshly ironed shirt and skirt.

"Oh my god (Y/n)! I'm so happy!" I look up to see my coworker Ochako, her and I met shortly after I started working for this company that was ran by a man named Shoto Todoroki.

I hadn't met the man personally but he seemed pretty scary from the stories everyone's told you. He expected nothing less than perfection from most of his employees and never left his office till super late at night.

"What has you so excited?" Her brown hair sawyed as she reached for her office chair and pulled it up to my desk, her chocolate brown eyes shone bright with happiness before she out a small squeal.

"I was invited to one of Mr.Todoroki's masquerades! Want to come with me!" I freeze hearing about the party, I wasn't one for parties or large crowds.

"Thats wonderful to hear Ochako... But I dont really do parties." I chuckle softly as the woman's face fell into one of dissapointment.

"Come on (y/n)! It would be so great!" I look at my desk as it starts to levitate, my eyes widen and I put my weight onto the desk forcing it to sit back on the ground. Ochako realised and instantly released her grip on the table.

"Uraraka you have to be more careful!" I hissed quietly and sat down, she blushed with embarrassment and looked around making sure no one saw.

A small portion of the world had powers known as quirks, the people with quirks where forced into hiding. If you had a quirk you where turned in to the government and are brainwashed into becoming super human soldiers.

This caused people with quirks to form the Underworld in an attempt to fight against the government and keep other quirk users safe. Over time it developed into something much more broad, gangs started to sell drugs and even started sex trafficking circles.

This of course was before there was an official king, the Kings job was vast. They insured the Underworld was safe from harm, and also made sure the different types of crimes never led to another. It was evident that each crime circle had helped to support the Underworld financially, so to keep it all from crumbling and falling apart the Underworld grew to be what it is today.

"Hello! Earth to (Y/n)?" I snapped from my thoughts and looked to Uraraka, a small smile crossed my features as I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry Ochako, I got a little distracted." I laugh and she rolled her eyes.

"Will you go with me or not?" I sigh, I didn't really have anything to wear but I could probably find something.

"Sure, but! You have to go shopping with me."

"That's easy! I'll see you after work!" When she stood to walk away I called her back to me with a small sheepish smile.

"I'm working late tonight, maybe we can go shopping tomorrow." She gave a fake pout before shaking her head and smiling.

"That's fine, I take it Mr.Bakugo is working you to death again?"

"Yeah, but it's okay... I'll get paid extra." I laugh and wave her off as she walked away back towards her desk. I turn to see the large stack of papers on my desk and groan loudly before getting back to work.

-Timeskip-

"Halfway done!" I congratulate myself internally, this is the fastest I've worked simce I first started here. Most of the office was enveloped in a bleak darkness, only the light from my office lamp could be seen.

My eyes burned with fatigue and my hand cramped from hours of writting and typing. I run a hand through my hair and look up to the clock that was mounted at the wall. It was only 2:00 am, no big deal.

"Excuse me Ms., might I ask what you are doing here?"

A small hum leaves my lips as my tired eyes glance up to the male who had spoke, I felt my mouth gape open as I looked to the expensively dressed man. His white and red hair bounced stiffly with the gel that had been applied hours before work. He had on a black suit, and a red trench coat was hung upon his right arm.

"I-I'm just working late sir." I chuckle and tear my eyes from his, the mismatched color of his eyes was so alluring and beautiful. And the scar... I was curious where he got it, though most would find it disgusting I only found that it made him a more attractive and mysterious person.

"Mind if I know your name?" I blushed hearing his soft words as he set down his umbrella by the wall.

"My name's (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Nice to meet you Ms. (L/n), my name is Shoto Todoroki. You know who I am don't you?" He brings up a chair and sits down, his legs cross and he sits with a straight backed posture. The sense of pride and power radiated from him like waves and made the air almost unbearable.

"I do Mr.Todoroki, you are the owner of this firm." His eyes looked over me for a moment and I could see the faint trace of a smile on his face.

"Tell me Ms.(L/n), do you by any chance have a quirk?" My eyes widen and I feel my body tense, my palms sweated nervously and I could feel my erratic heart beat in my chest.

I did infact have a quirk, it wasn't a very strong quirk but I still had one. I guess one would say I'm alot like Spider-man, I can shoot webs from my wrist and can crawl up walls.

"I don't sir..." I look away and the huff that came from him told me he didn't beleive me, he held up his hands and I flinched.

"Ms.(L/n), I take it you don't know much about me."

"Well sir, with all things considered I just met you." I chuckled but the man remained cold, I looked down to his hands curiously and watched as a flame appeared in one of his hands and ice covered the other.

"Well let me tell you about me, I am the King of the Underworld. I own nearly six firms throughout the country of Japan, and I ONLY hire people with quirks." I look up to him with knitted brows as he deactivated his quirk, one question swam through my mind. How did he know we all had quirks?

"How do you know we all have quirks?" He smirked and readjusted himself in his seat.

"You see, my 'scout' has the ability to tell when someone has a quirk, don't ask me how but she knows. So tell me Ms.(L/n), what is your quirk?"

"Well, I don't really have a name for it..." I hold up my wrists and aim at a cup from across the room, a silent hiss was heard as the web shot out and attached to the cup, I pulled the web back and caught the cup with the same hand. I looked over sheepishly and saw the amused smile on his face. "I can also walk up walls, and when I get scared I can turn invisible... I'm not sure how, but it happens." I got up and walked over setting the cup back down on the desk it belonged to.

"Are you going to my masquerade with a partner?"

"No, I'm just going with my friend Uraraka sir." I sat back down in my chair and got back to work, Todoroki let out a sigh.

"Take tomorrow off and find yourself a dress, I can't wait to see you tomorrow night."