Chapter 4

Your POV

-one hour before the party-

"Uraraka stay still!"

"But my nose itches!!" I growled and held her chin keeping her from moving as I applied her mascara.

"There, now was that so hard!" I released her chin and turned towards the mirror to take care of my own makeup. Ochako stood from the chair and began to curl my hair, she was always so good at styling and cutting people hair.

"Oh! I'll go down and get the shoes!" She finished my hair and ran downstairs. I did a light layer of makeup and a nice red lipstick.

"Thanks Ochako." She put the heels down and I stepped into them, she handed me the small mask and the invitation.

"My car or yours?" I looked to her and scoffed.

"I'm not planning on driving tonight." She giggled and grabbed her keys walking out of the house, I locked the door and ran as best as I could to the car.

-time skip-

We arrived at the gate and quickly slipped on the masks, hers was a nice black and mine matched the dress I was wearing. We handed the invitations to the masked butler's and the large gates swung open to let us in.

"Holy cow, this place is huge." I looked at the mansion feeling my mouth go dry. We pulled up to the front of the mansions and the doors where opened by more staff, Ochako handed her keys over to the vallet and we slowly made on way inside.

Soft classical music played in the ballroom where couples and strangers danced together elegantly. A maid brought over a tray of champaigne, with a small thank you Ochako and I grabbed a glass.

"We are so out of our league." Ochako nodded in agreement, we walked in a few more feet before a tall man came up to us wearing a black suit, he had black hair and purple skin that seemed to be stapled to the other skin.

"Well hello ladies, my name is Toya. And you are?" He wore a dark midnight colored mask really bringing out the intensity of his blue eyes.

"Already hitting on my workers I see." We all turned to the voice, the red and white hair of Mr.Todoroki flowed more freely than it had the previous night, his suit clung to his body showing off how his muscular frame moved beneath the fabric.

"Oh, hello brother. And no, I was just merely introducing myself to these fine ladies." I watched Shoto's eyes flicker to my dress, bitting the inside of my cheek I could see his body tense slightly when his eyes scanned over the slits of the dress.

"Well if that is the case I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I stole Ms. (L/n) for a quick dance?" His eyes tore away from the dress and I blushed, we had both been starring at each other, how embarrassing.

"Not at all, I'm sure her friend wou-."

"Sorry not interested." I gigled as Ochako walked off seeing the green hair of her love interest. I looked down to my hand feeling a comforting warmth, I followed the hand up to see the dark blue suit, and farther up I saw the mismatched eyes of my boss looking down to me.

"Shall we go then Ms.(L/n)?"

"Please Mr. Todoroki, just call me (Y/n)."

"Well, than you may just call me Shoto... (Y/n)." The pause and the small smile that graced his lips after he said my name had my knees buckling, I cant beleive I had only met this man last night.

He led me to the dance floor, when he noticed my nervous state he simply chuckled and pulled me closer to him. His hard chest pressed against mine caused a blush to form on my cheeks, his hand softly guided my left hand up to his shoulder.

"I take it you've never danced before?" I nodded sheepishly and jumped when I felt his left hand on my waist. Any farther down and he would be touching my bare skin. He held my right hand in his softly, the grip on my waist firm.

"Just follow my lead." I nod and as he took a step back I stepped forward clumsily. "And please, do try to not step on my feet."

I gasped and looked up to him glaring playfully as he continued to lead us around the ballroom. After a moment of comfortable silence I spoke up.

"You look rather handsome tonight." I blushed, I didn't mean to say that! I wanted to tell him how wonderful of a dancer he was!! Oh no! Please don't think I'm weird!

"Thank you, might I say I've seen hundreds of women tonight. But none as fair and beautiful as you."

"T-thank you." I couldn't beleive it, did he really just say those words to me!? My heart was pounding so hard in my chest I was sure he would hear.

When the song ended we pulled away from one another, he took a small bow and I did my best to curtsie without showing anything off to the others. Everyone in the room applauded the musicians as they began a new song.

Everything was so magical and perfect, I almost felt as if I was in a fairy tale. Here I was, dancing with Shoto Todoroki. My mysterious, rich, and gorgeous boss who also doubled as the Underworld King.

And here he was, dancing with a girl who was far too poor and way less than perfect. A girl who could hardly afford the dress she was wearing or the house she lived in.

Why would he dance with someone like me? What do I offer to the table?

I was pulled from my thoughts as Shoto dragged me outside, gently of course. He was gentleman and hated the thought of harming women.

"Shoto, what are we doing out here? The party is inside." I looked to him, his red and white mask looked so magnificent on him.

"I just felt like getting away from the crowd, didn't you (Y/n)?"