Chapter 8

Your POV

I awoke to the bright sun in my face making me groan in displeasure. I was so tired that I just wanted to sleep. I looked around a bit only to notice that this wasnt my room. Oh wait... I slept with my incredibly hot boss. Woohoo, slut shamming here we come!

I quickly took notice that Shoto wasn't here, perhaps he had somewhere to be? I got up and changed into the clothes that one of the maids had provided to me last night and gently folded the dress I had worn and put it into a plastic bag. With the bag held closely to my chest and my hair in a slightly less disarray I walked out of the bedroom and made my way downstairs thinking I would be free to leave.

"Ah, there you are. Good morning little rose." I jumped and turned around, there Shoto stood. Hair still slightly messed from the night before, he wore a suit and the tie was still undone with the top few buttons not yet attended to.

"Good morning Sir." He rolled his eyes a bit and took my hand to lead me to the kitchen. A couple plates sat besides each other, each decorated with sausage, eggs, bacon and a side of toast along with coffee.

"I would expect after last night you would be referring to me as Shoto." I sat down with Shoto beside me and only sipped my coffee quietly.

"In all honesty Mr. Todoroki, I only thought last night was a night stand. Nothing more." The pain on his face when I finished that sentence made my heart clench.

"Well I suppose it can seem that way, but I want you to consider us being something more... You won't have to work, I can care for you without issue." I smiled, what a nice thought. But I liked to do work. And I sort of needed the money to pay of past medical bills.

"That's very kind of you Mr. Todoroki... But with all do respect I would like to keep working." An amused smile came to his face as he sat down and began to eat with me in silence.

"I see, I'll take you home so you can get dressed and ready for work. It will be a pleasure to see you later. Perhaps in my office after hours?" He smirked as I blushed and looked away sipping my coffee.

"That seems highly inappropriate... And either way I have a lot of work to catch up on."  Shoto growled, I guess he didn't like my polite decline.

We finished breakfast in silence and he brought me home. The car ride was stuffy and uncomfortable, there was just something between us. And it was annoying, it itched at the back of my head. When he pulled up to my small house he kind of tensed.

"Why do you live in such a run down place?" I chewed my lip and sighed before looking over to him.

"A few years ago I got diagnosed with Leukemia... This is all I can afford. Most of my money goes towards paying off my medical bills." I chuckled and watched as his face fell.

"Are you serious?" I nod and unbuckled my seat belt getting ready to get out so I could get ready for work. "(Y/n)? Do you need more money?"

"What?! No!" I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. "Don't worry about me Mr. Todoroki, I'm a big girl, I can handle myself." I closed the car door and walked off.

Todoroki's POV

I sighed and drove off once she was inside. Leukemia... Huh... I never would have guessed.

"I'm raising her salary, she deserves it." I smiled and drive to the office. I would change my clothes there.