6 - Plotting

"She agreed to help them find you."

Jim stopped dead. He had been pacing, waiting for Sebastian Moran to tell him anything, more so the thing he wanted to hear most and that was not it. His right-hand man had been watching her for the purposes of helping him devise a plan to rescue 'the damsel in distress'. Only Elizabeth wasn't in distress anymore.

"What?" He ended on the 't' sharply in his low growl.

Seb shuffled slightly, "Admittedly, Mr Holmes was rather convincing to her. You know Elizabeth has - certain morals."

"BUT SHE OWES ME HER LIFE!" Jim roared.

"They made a deal with her."

"What was their deal?"

"If she helped them to track you down, then she wouldn't go to prison for life."

Jim paused, the cogs turning in his brain, and then he chuckled quietly. Sebastian was looking to him with a more concerned look now. Sure, Jim was his friend and all, but there were still certain quirks he found odd. All the sniper knew was that Jim was plotting something and he was most likely going to be a part of it, holding a gun to someone's head at some point.

"I should have trained her to become a hit-woman. Then we wouldn't have had this problem in the first place."

"That - that's not a solution."

"No. But I know the ladies who will be."

"So you're not going to kill her?"

"I'm sure it will crush a part of her. She's the best thief I know - I'm not gonna hand her over to the other side willingly. She's mine. It just so happens that it was a bad night for her."

Seb's brow creased as he listened.

"Sebastian, do me a favour and keep watch of dearest Lizzie for me. I've got to go and organise something."

_______________________

Elizabeth and Sherlock arrived back a short while after John did, to find him sitting in his chair, with his tea cup in hand. Elizabeth was wearing different clothes now - black jeans, a white blouse and a sable bomber jacket. She could risk dressing a little more casually considering she was staying at 221B now.

"I was beginning to think that something happened to Sherlock. All ready to call the police." John waved his phone in the air with his free hand.

"No need, John. Elizabeth's going to help us."

"Great." He replied sullenly.

Elizabeth walked over to John and stood there looking at him for a second.

John looked to her expectantly, "Yes?"

There was a pause.

"I'm sorry for tasering you the other night. Although, you really should know better than to take on a thief."

Sherlock had sat down in his chair after putting his coat on the coat stand and a rather teeny-tiny smile crossed his lips when he heard this.

"I mean, seriously, how long have you been working with a detective now?"

"Too long." John glanced over to Sherlock, whom nodded. With a sigh, he said, "All is forgiven. But if you turn on us, just remember that I know how to break an arm."

"Just remember, I know krav maga." She smiled to them innocently.

"I hope you're not threatening to turn on us." Sherlock warned her.