19 - Hatman & Robin (& Hatwoman Too)

A/N: We are gradually getting into 'A Scandal in Belgravia' territory now!

____________________________

Elizabeth's leg bounced up and down as she sat on the sofa. She couldn't cope with this indoor life anymore. Standing up suddenly, she walked over to Sherlock who was sat in his chair, eyes closed, most likely in his mind palace. She poked him once. He didn't move. Her brow knotted in the middle as she pushed him with a bit more force. This time his eyes fluttered open and he looked up at her.

"What?"

"Please, please, let me go with you on a case."

"No."

"I have nothing to do here at the flat other than watch crap telly. Even Mrs H has a better social life than me!"

"You're still technically under house arrest. You shouldn't be going anywhere."

"And I can't go anywhere unless you or John accompany me somewhere. So please, let me go with you next time."

"You already go shopping with John."

"Nobody likes shopping though."

"You also already get to listen to the cases."

"Yeah, but I want to solve one. Or at least go on a case because I know you would solve it. I'm being driven insane by being unable to do anything else. I'm an active person. I need to be active. I need something more stimulating before I wither and rot in this flat."

"No."

"Please. Please, Sherlock. Little dog walks to the shop aren't enough. I need a thrill, something exciting. I'm already helping you track down Moriarty. It's not my fault nothing's progressed. He's good at hiding and he's good at waiting."

The itch was becoming more. She needed a job. Not to just sit around. But she couldn't steal. Or leave. They would throw her in prison if she did that. And if she was losing it now then she would hate to see herself in prison. Having suppressed the urge for so long had truly unsettled Elizabeth. She almost seemed as manic as Sherlock when there weren't any cases for him to do.

"I am bored. I know you get bored too. Please."

There was a sympathetic look in Sherlock's eyes after she mentioned her boredom, "Fine."

"Yes! Thank you!"

She hugged him and he stiffened up initially at the surprise embrace however it was fleeting and over in a flash, as she knew he wasn't keen on the hugs. However, Sherlock missed it when she left for the couch in the living room.

* * * * * *

Sherlock and John had taken a case at a local theatre of which Elizabeth joined them on. As always, the case was solved within minutes of Sherlock having analysed the scene. Elizabeth didn't find it as exciting as she thought she would though and hoped there would be better cases in the future.

As they walked across the stage, past police officers and tape, Elizabeth noticed she gained a few odd looks from some officers. They notably murmured to each other when the trio walked past.

"It was safe for me to come, right?" She was worried she had made a mistake.

"Well, depends on how good of a thief you were?" Sherlock asked back.

"You were the only ones who caught me."

"Then I don't think you'll have much to worry about as long as you don't say what your previous job was." He glanced at her reassuringly.