70 - As Long As You Love Me

A/N - As Long As You Love Me is literally THEIR SONG LIKE IT IS SO PERFECT GAH - and particularly the one by Sleeping At Last ❤❤❤

Also an underrated part of Sherlock is Sherlock wearing gowns, just saying ❤👌

What do you think is an underrated aspect of a character/the show in general? 😊

OH OH AND - I know I said this before but THIS CHAPTER IS DEFINITELY THE LONGEST - 4000+ WORDS SO GET REAL COMFY 😄

Let ze fluffiness commence...

___________________________

Cleo and Elizabeth's chat lasted longer than the thief would have liked but the plans were finally in motion for both parties. One thing was certain: only one of them would be walking away from this at the end.

As she left the café she retrieved her phone from her pocket and saw that she had several text messages and missed calls from Sherlock.

<How's your walk? - S.H.>

<Are you enjoying your walk? - S.H.>

<How far did you walk? - S.H.>

<Can you phone me when convenient? Phone anyway if inconvenient. - S.H.>

<Are you coming back? - S.H.>

<Did your phone die? - S.H.>

<Is everything okay? - S.H.>

She called him back immediately.

"Hi Sherlock - "

"You're okay?"

She could hear the distress in his tone and only felt worse at having missed his calls and messages.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, great actually! I'm sorry I missed your calls, my phone was on silent."

"Something good happened?"

"Yeah, and all thanks to Rita. I'm on my way back now - I can tell you more when I'm back at 221B?"

"Uh, right now?"

"Yep, I'll get a cab so I'll be quicker too - "

"Approximately how long will that take you?"

Hearing that made her question his intentions. Her eyes narrowed as she spoke into the phone, "How long would you like me to take?"

"Perhaps...twenty minutes, maybe more depending on where you are?"

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit, Sherlock."

"See you soon, Elizabeth."

With the ripening blueberry sky and the colder chill in the air, Elizabeth opted for the warmer option of shelter in a cab. She approached the side of the road, raising her hand to gain a cabbie's attention. As she thought, curiosity took her hand, leading her to wonder about what Sherlock might be planning.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

The second John and Mrs Hudson heard a knock at the front door, John bolted halfway up the stairs, and gave a little shout to Sherlock to let him know that she was here before rushing back down, right before Mrs Hudson opened the door.

"Oh, you look awfully cold, come in dear."

"It is a little bitey out there now." Elizabeth commented as she stepped in.