20K Character Q&A (Part 2)

Hello again! Sorry for the mega-delay in posting this part of the Q&A!

My weekend has been busier than expected, what with prepping for Christmas and whatnot - are you all excited? 😄

So, as for this Q&A, it's layout is in that of a script and the characters present are on a panel. If that sounds a lil confusing, then I promise it will make more sense as you read on! 😊

________________________

(ELIZABETH, SHERLOCK, JOHN, GREG and MYCROFT take their seats on a small stage. The room is dark, possibly deceivingly more so when spotlights are aimed at each of them. No one is in the audience - C19 has rendered them unable to leave their homes, and only able to use technology to merely read this Q&A.)

(A tannoy announcement introduces the speakers and their questions.)

Questions from mixxagonal -

Q) For Elizabeth: Did your physical appearance look any different when you were younger than it does now?

ELIZABETH: I am unafraid to admit that I went through a 'Goth' phase when I was in my mid-teens. Dyed my hair black with temp dye, bought (totally didn't steal) a fake nose piercing and wore a LOT of black clothes. Thought I looked quite cool, personally, but Jim didn't let me live it down until I was twenty, said I always acted edgy the whole time.

(ELIZABETH smiles. SHERLOCK blinks, unsure of how to picture her like this. MYCROFT looks indifferent, GREG is intrigued and JOHN is shook.)

JOHN: Goth? Really?

(ELIZABETH nods, still smiling.)

ELIZABETH: Yep!

Q) For Sheryl: Do you truly, TRULY, believe in love with your whole (robotic) heart?

(SHERLOCK doesn't respond. EVERYONE ELSE looks at him expectantly. ELIZABETH nudges him.)

ELIZABETH (whispering): She's asking you.

SHERLOCK: She said 'Sheryl'.

ELIZABETH: Yes, and you are Sheryl, Sheryl.

(SHERLOCK frowns at this but proceeds to answer the question.)

SHERLOCK: It's not a matter of my own heart on whether I believe it exists or not. Science has proven that love is a natural chemical reaction and process. In fact the research behind it is incredibly fascinating. There are three stages, the first being lust, where your testosterone levels run high and you get that deep, deep feeling of desire or the overwhelming sensation of physically craving someone...

(ELIZABETH nods, kinda liking this description, getting a little lost in his voice. GREG and JOHN both look at each other, wondering if he really did go away and research this at some point. MYCROFT rolls his eyes, wondering how drawn out this will be.)

SHERLOCK (cont.): Only the second stage is attraction (in the romantic sense as opposed to the former) in which chemicals like dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin render you incapable of thinking about anything other than them. You begin to crave their presence. Finally -

(JOHN, noticing the time, clears his throat. SHERLOCK shuts his mouth and looks at JOHN, questioning the interruption.)

JOHN: Alright, Science Journal, we still have more questions to get through...