21 - At Buckingham Palace

A/N - A WILD UPDATE APPEARED!

Apologies to many of you who have been waiting longer than I said. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Between trying to focus on mocks and revision for my real exams and Corona then messing up those plans and just being told to go home from school and now realising I'm going to miss out on 3 more months with some of the bestest friends I've ever made...

It's a lot. And I'm sure most, if not all, of you can relate to that (and if not fully then at least to some extent!).

Turns out I'm a very sociable introvert so love that for me 😂

But yeah, if you guys need to talk/rant about anything that's going on during "Corona Time", I'm here to listen. 😊

But without further adooo...

The next chapter!

______________________________

Elizabeth sat on the fancy cream couch opposite Sherlock, her head resting on her hand as she glared at the detective. He stared at her with an unphased look but honestly, the staring competition was getting silly now.

"What's wro - "

"I can't believe you threw my clothes out of the window." Unimpressed, her glare continued to burn through him.

He rolled his eyes, "Well, it's not my fault they A - picked clothes for you that were a similar colour to mine and B - didn't give me the right set of clothes."

"But why didn't you check!?"

"Too much effort. Clothes are overrated anyway."

"Forgodsake, Sherlock, we're in fu - flipping Buckingham Palace and I'M IN MY NIGHTY AND YOU'RE IN A BEDSHEET!" She had gestured to the hall they were in, herself and then to him.

Both had an equally serious look on their faces before a smile teased on both their lips. The smile gradually developed into chuckling between the two and Elizabeth lay back, still laughing, as she rubbed her hands over her face, attempting to wipe away the sleep that caused this surreal reality.

It was at this point that John arrived in the room silently, looking between the two who immediately ceased their laughter. Sherlock looked across at John, calm as could be, while Elizabeth bit her thumb, desperately trying to hold back her laughter. John gestured at the ornate hall as though exclaiming, speechlessly,  'what the hell', to which Sherlock just didn't respond to and instead looked over to Elizabeth with a smirk before letting it dissipate again. With a nod, John took a seat by his friend.

Even John let loose a little laughter in pure disbelief of the situation as he looked from Elizabeth to Sherlock. It dawned on him then that his friend was still wearing his bedsheet and apparently only his bedsheet from the quick glance he had at Sherlock's lower area which was dutifully covered by the sheet. Elizabeth smirked and shook her head at seeing this one-sided exchange. The soldier then kept his gaze strictly ahead, biting back a smirk of his own.

"Are you wearing any pants?" John asked.

"No."

"Okay." John's gaze met with Elizabeth, another silent smile was shared between them.

Simultaneously, the two men looked at each other and this time the three of them couldn't hold back their fits of laughter at the situation.

"And you," John struggled to speak to Elizabeth between giggles, "You're in your pyjamas too - in Buckingham Palace!"