Eight|| Far From Fine

"Specs! He's not in his room, he won't answer any calls, I've looked around everywhere!" Headphones yelled frantically, worry plaguing her features. Specs only rubbed his temples and sighed angrily. "It's not my fault! I was just stressed, and he had me worried and now he has me worried again!" He retorted. Bobble listened to the two argue from the couch, pretending to be watching tv. She placed her head into her knees and frowned, continuing to overhear her teammates scream. "It is your fucking fault! You didn't have to slap him, for cod's sake! He did nothing wrong!" Headphones shouted, making Specs even angrier. "Well fuck, Headphones! What do you expect me to do?! Why do I have to tolerate him just leaving unexpectedly all the time, when we have work to do!" Bobble frowned at this, and got up from her seat. "Maybe he wouldn't leave if you two weren't arguing all the cod damn time! Shut up already!"

Specs and Headphones paused, and turned to Bobble, with shocked expressions. The normally cheerful inkling had a frustrated expression, eyes on the verge of tears. Headphones spoke up "Wha-" She was cut off by Bobble running to her room and slamming the door shut.

Bobble slid down against her door and let out a quiet sob. "Where are you Goggles? It's been 2 days.." She whispered to herself. She took out her phone from her hoodie pocket and opened up the messaging app.
The first conversation was with Goggles, and consisted of practically a thousand "Where are you"'s from Bobble and no reply. She sighed, and began to type. "Please come home Goggles.. I miss u." She hit send.

"I've gotta go home, Rider. Bobble has been texting me nonstop and I'm starting to feel bad." Goggles said, opening the door to Rider's apartment. "Alright that's fine, you want me to drive you?" Rider asked, getting up from the couch. Goggles leaned against the doorframe, and smiled sweetly. "No thanks, I don't live very far! That's a good thing." Rider smiled back and placed a kiss on the shorter inkling's cheek. "Okay, loser. Be safe, love you." Goggles giggled as he headed out the door, "Love you too Rider, bye!"

The blue inkling was nearly home, and decided to crawl through Bobble's window. It was probably the safest way to avoid getting yelled at from Specs. He took his Splattershot and inked up the wall. He turned into a squid and swam through it, jumping through the window with the blue starry curtains. He changed back to an inkling and landed with a thud on Bobble's carpet floor. He looked up to find Bobble, startled and sniffling. "Bobble? Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked, making his way towards his teammate. Bobble frantically tried to wipe away her tears and smiled, "G-Goggles! You're back!" Goggles nodded, and sat down, scooting next to Bobble. "Yeah, I was with Rider! But why were you crying Bobble? You don't have to hide it." He said, turning to her.

Bobble froze, and then frowned, a tear falling from her eye. "I was worried about you, I- I thought you finally got tired of us, Goggles." The inkling boy stared wide eyed at Bobble. It was rare to see her frowning, nonetheless crying. "What?! No! I'd never get tired of you guys, you're my best friends!" He exclaimed, using his sleeves to wipe the tears coming from his companion's eyes. This was the first time he's ever really seen her eyes up close. They were pretty, and a much darker blue than his own. But he noticed they didn't shine, like they used to when they were young. Bobble was sad and he knew that, and he's known that for awhile now. He's heard the soft crying coming from the bathroom late at night, and he's seen the countless crying mirror photos from different murder scenes on her phone. He frowned in thought.

"Bobble, are you okay?" He asked, giving the once cheerful inkling a concerned stare. "Why-" Bobble was cut off. "I hear you crying late at night, when I'm the only one awake. And you- Bobble you've always acted pretty odd." Goggles replied. "I'm not. Killing people really isn't fun at all," she said with a sniffle. "Do you want a hug?" he offered. Bobble nodded as the young Inkling wrapped his arms around her. "I think you need to get some help," he said, still holding her. She only nodded in agreement. "Yes," she began, pulling away from Goggles' grasp. "You can help me,"  she said with a wide eery smile. "Wh-What do you mean, Bobble?"