Thirty Three|| My Dearest Rina

"Marina? Can you come over later today?"

Pearl lay sprawled out on her bed and staring out the window. Her phone was on speaker. "Of course, Pearlie. I have to finish recording in the studio though, I should be done in about an hour or so, is that okay?" The inkling hummed in response. "That's fine," she said, chewing on her nails. "Mkay, I'll see you in a bit then. I love you," Marina said. Before she could hang up, Pearl said a quick "love you too". She sighed and threw her phone across the room. "Fuck!" She grabbed her pillow and buried her face in it, trying to see if she could suffocate herself. The thought of Marina finding her pool of ink suddenly came across her mind and she quickly threw the pillow away from her. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

She cried. She hated crying, and the thought of Marina walking in on her sob fest really pissed her off but this time, Pearl couldn't control it. Her loud, ugly sobs were loud and her tears were plentiful. "Fuck my life," she whimpered, punching her bed aggressively. "I-I can't do this anymore," she shook angrily. She got up and went to her vanity, grabbing a red crayon and papers. She wrote down everything on her mind frustratingly. She must've been using too much pressure, because her crayon broke after the first few sentences. "Shit!" she exclaimed, throwing it down on the ground. She rested her elbows on the table and put her face in her hands. More ugly sobs escaped her mouth.

Pearl stood and flopped back on to her bed. She kept crying. She couldn't stop. Were these tears she'd been keeping these past few years? Why were they only now biting her in the ass?

"That's a wrap!" Marina smiled as she put her headphones down. She looked through the glass and gave Iso Padre a thumbs up. She opened the door out of the recording room and giggled. "I really couldn't tell if that was good or not," she admitted nervously. "It was great, Ms. Iida. Good work in there," the isopod reassured. "Thank you so much for this opportunity. I gotta head out now," the octoling said, taking her tentacles out of its ponytail. "See you around, Marina," he gave her a small wave as she grabbed her jacket and purse. "Later," she smiled brightly before heading out of the building.

She let out a long sigh as she made her way to her motorcycle. The sky was turning pink. She put on her helmet and started up her bike, going straight over to Pearl's penthouse.

"Pearlie?" Marina made her way up the stairs to Pearl's room. She stopped in her tracks when she heard sobbing. "Pearlie, are you okay?" She called out, but it was lost within the loud sobs. She hurried into the room to see the sobbing mess. "Baby, what's wrong?" She rushed to the bed and held Pearl's small hand. The inkling looked up at her girlfriend and Marina felt one of her hearts break when she saw the pain and sorrow in those golden eyes. "I-I love you so much, Rina," Pearl cried, gripping onto Marina's shoulders. "I love you too, Pearlie," she muttered, tilting her head in confusion. "What's the matter?" she asked. "I hate this. I hate being the Oyabun. I hate being responsible for this fucking gang shit that turned the entire city into a shithole. I don't want to do this anymore," Pearl explained, wiping her tears angrily with her sleeve.

"Pearl—"
"No. We're going to have a nice night together. Just me and you. We don't have to worry about that right now, okay? I'm sorry, just... don't worry about it," the small inkling wrapped her arms around Marina. "But..." the octoling dropped the subject, there was no use arguing with her. "What do you want to do then, love?" she asked, stroking Pearl's face. Although the shorter girl was older, her face was so youthful, no acne, no pimples, her skin was pretty much flawless except for small scar on her upper lip. When she smiled, the scar looked like a crescent moon. "I want to kiss you," Pearl stated before playfully tackling Marina on to the bed and kissing her lips softly. A yelp was heard from Marina before their lips met, clearly from surprise. Their lips lingered for a while before they pulled away. Marina blushed because of the position they were in; she was underneath Pearl, who seemed to be struggling to keep her body up. She might've been petite but her arms were a little too weak to be holding up her body. "Come here, silly," Marina giggled, wrapping her arms around Pearl's smaller body and pulling her closer.