⌜ markhyuck: one ⌟

his eyes couldn't focus anywhere but a specific sad boy inside the room. even though the equations being written on the board and being discussed by the teacher is no where near interesting, mark didn't expect himself to pay attention to a specific boy that's now looking outside the window instead of getting loud in class. donghyuck would usually ask some unnecessary questions but the teacher didn't even mind as it somehow brightens up the mood inside the room. mark could even see their teacher glancing at donghyuck with a worried look. being quiet in the corner is just so not like donghyuck.

donghyuck?❞ the teacher finally called out his attention, causing for everyone to look at donghyuck. ❝is looking outside much more interesting that being mentally present inside my class?

no, but it makes me forget the pain for a while.❞ donghyuck simply said, looking at the teacher with that drowsy look of his.

the teacher didn't say anything more and continued discussing his lesson. with everyone now breaking their eye contact with donghyuck, mark stayed still on his place and continued to stare at donghyuck. for the years he has been with the younger, fighting and ruining his life, he had never seen him looking this sad. is it his fault? did mark go overboard with his pranks? but the last prank he did was making donghyuck trip inside the cafeteria and the was last week. donghyuck also didn't look that annoyed that time. so what caused donghyuck to act this way?

it's probably not my fault so why am i worrying?❞ mark mumbled from his seat as he decided to take his attention off from donghyuck and focus in class.

donghyuck didn't look too mad when he trip him last week at the cafeteria. yeah, it's not his fauly. mark should not worry about something he has nothing to do with—

class ended in a blink of an eye and mark didn't even notice. he was too busy thinking about the tanned male that didn't speak even a word the whole time, only when he is called. but his answers would be so quiet that even a mosquito is louder than him.

but of course, why would mark care? donghyuck's problems is his problems, mark's not part of it.

standing up from his seat, mark noticed the boy still looking out of the window even though the bell had already rung, signaling the end of classes. mark then shrugged as he carried his bag, ❝not my problem.

sighing, mark hated his worried ass. his plan was to leave the room and get on with his life but no, his feet just had to drag him in front of the odd boy. which caught donghyuck's attention with mark not doing anything but just stare at him.

it's as if time stopped for mark. he stood there in front of the younger, looking down at him as he watched the boy blink ever so slowly in his point of view. he wouldn't have realize himself staring for too long if it weren't of donghyuck calling him out.

hey.

mark then shook his head violently, scolding himself for acting like he had seen someone so beautiful that took his breath away. ❝h-hey you..

the canadian cursed mentally as he stuttered in front of the younger. lucky for him, donghyuck was too preoccupied to even tease the shit out of him for stuttering. but even with the pain occupying his thoughts, donghyuck wondered why mark didn't leave yet and stayed with him inside the room. he wouldn't have care if it weren't for mark staring down at him and he was already finding it creepy that he felt the need to snap the boy out from his thoughts.

but now, donghyuck lost the energy to ask what mark's purpose is for staying behind as he was now being reminded of the pain of his recent break up. maybe if he ignores him then he'll just go away.

wrong, mark still stayed and now is craving for his attention.

you still owe me an apology.❞ mark then pointed at his shirt that had black stains, it was when donghyuck bumped him with tears flowing down from his eyes and his eyeliner probably smudged his precious white shirt that had a watermelon print in the middle.

the younger rolled his eyes. is that all mark wanted? ❝i apologize.

well that was easy. mark got what he wanted by why won't his feet move. what more does he want from donghyuck? was he not satisfied because the classes ended without him having to pull any pranks to the younger? or probably he just needed to tease the younger. maybe that's it, then he can leave once he feels satisfied.

mark grabbed the tanned male's chin and then raised it up, staring intently at the details on his face. and damn, he never knew he looked so beautiful even with a swollen look from crying.

you look ugly.❞ but of course, he won't admit the truth.

slapping mark's hand away, donghyuck avoided his gaze and started to go back and reminisce about the moments he had with his boyfriend, his now ex-boyfriend. now that he thinks about it, his ex never had complimented about him being pretty. he would only talk about assignments and how smart donghyuck is. his ex is actuall just a year above them and he would often come to him once they have any works of assignment.

thanks for stating that,❞ maybe that's the reason why his ex broke up with him, he lacks in the looks. ❝now i'm aware.

he didn't mean to make him more sadder than before. mark sighed and crouched down to the ground, looked up at donghyuck who's looking down at him with his brows furrowed. mark wondered why he hasn't left him yet. he didn't want to have any problems in life yet he's making donghyuck as his problem. but somehow, he's not complaining about it.

he can't believe he's asking this to someone who has been his target since elementary days but, ❝are you okay?

and that's all it took for donghyuck to break down. mark wasted no second and went to embrace the boy for comfort. now, he's not complaining if any of the boy's light make up would stain his shirt. his main goal right now is to stop the boy from crying.

it hurt his heart to see him cry.

now, now.. sshh.. what's wrong?

donghyuck had already completely forgotten that it was mark lee he is hugging tight with. a rich ass, popular, and hot tempered lion. but even knowing how much he hated mark's guts, he like warmth he is feeling in the embrace. he felt the comfort, the comfort he needed.

it fucking hurts.❞ donghyuck cried, hugging mark even tighter. letting it all out, showing mark how much of a weak guy he is as of the moment.

t b c