(5)

You and Hiccup decide to go exploring one warm afternoon. Toothless follows as you both run through forests and clearings, discovering caves and streams that lead to waterfalls. Eventually the dragon goes to sleep in the middle of a field filled with dry grass. Hiccup takes your hand and you climb steep hills, and chase each other through the trees.

You run from Hiccup, out of breath, stopping behind a huge pine tree. You cover your mouth to conceal the sound of your rapid breathing, and stiffen when a twig breaks. You start running again, only to have a hand wrap around your forearm and drag you to the ground.

"Ow!" You complain, rubbing the back of your head. "Hiccup that-" You stop when you realize that the person isn't Hiccup. It's an Outcast leaning over you. He looks over his shoulder.

"She knows the boy," he says.

"Perfect," another voice says, stepping forward.

You begin to crawl away, but the man grabs your braid and yanks you to him. You cry out and try to hit him.

"This one is a fighter," he says, lifting you off the ground. The other man laughs.

"Hiccup!" You scream in fear. The man slaps you hard in the face, knocking you to the ground. You touch your stinging cheek, blinking back tears.

"___!" You hear from far away. How far had you ran? "___, where are you?"

You stand up and sprint, breathing hard and blinking tears away. Your swollen cheek throbs. "Hiccup!" You scream again. The men catch up to you and drag you back. You scream, and the man puts a large hand over your mouth to muffle your screams.

"___! I'm coming!" You can hear his footsteps.

"Should we wait for the boy?" One of the men ask.

"No," the other says. "We want him to come to Outcast Island to look for his friend here alone."

The man who grabbed your arm kicks your legs out from under you. You fall hard on your stomach and cry out again. "Stop messing around," the other says. "We need to go."

"___!" Hiccup screams as he runs into view. He sees you, laying helplessly on the ground and sprints towards you. The Outcasts step forward, drawing their weapons. "Let her go."

They laugh. "How do you plan on stopping us?" They ask.

"Hiccup," you whimper.

"Please," Hiccup says. "I'll do anything. Don't hurt her."

They laugh again and turn to you. One kicks you hard in the the stomach, knocking the breath out of you. "Please, don't!" Hiccup says. They continue to kick you. "Stop!" He leaps forward, tugging on their arms. "Leave her alone!" You cry and curl up in a tight ball.

Then a screeching noise rings through your ears, and you see a blast of plasma hit the ground in front of you. Toothless! You see the wing of the Nightfury as he pounces on the men, dragging them to the coverage of the trees. Smoke fills the forest, making it hard to see. "Hiccup?" You say quietly, coughing.

"___!" He says, dropping to your side. He picks you up and holds you. "Are you okay?"

"Uhm," you say, wincing at the pain in your side. "I've been better."

Hiccup laughs shakily and kisses your forehead. "We'll get you home. Toothless!"

The dragon obediently jumps into view, looking at you with a concerned look. "I'm okay," you reassure him. Hiccup helps you stand up and you stroke the dragon's neck. "Thank you for saving me," you say. "Both of you." You kiss Toothless on the nose and then reach up to kiss Hiccup on the lips.