(21)

Requested by toothless4ever c: This takes place during the first battle in HTTYD2 (when the Bewilderbeasts are battling).

Enjoy!

(Unedited).

You watch Stoick and his wife, Valka, who was found after 20 years of everyone thinking she was dead hold hands. The sight made you happy, even as you were heading off to a war. Drago had all of the dragon traps out, and you could see the fear on her face. Stoick and Valka set out to stop him. You look up at your boyfriend, Hiccup, and grab his hand.

He takes a deep breath. "___, if something goes wrong..."

"Nothing will go wrong," You say.

"But if something does- just, I love you, okay?" He says, touching your cheek.

"I know," You say with a smile. "I love you too. Now go stop that guy."

"Can do, milady," He says, kissing your lips, then your hair before sliding his helmet over his face. He climbs on Toothless.

"I'll be right behind you," You say, mounting your own dragon.

Hiccup nods. "Let's go, bud." He says, and Toothless takes off toward Drago.

"Follow them, (D/n)," You tell your dragon, who roars in understanding and flies off.

When you land, Drago is laughing and pointing at Toothless, who looks down and shakes his head. Hiccup's eyes meet yours, and you both ask the same question, what is happening to Toothless?

Toothless raises his head. His eyes have shrunk and a growl rises from his throat. He turns towards Hiccup and backs him into a wall of ice. "Bud?" He asks. "Bud, what's wrong?" Toothless ignores him. He opens his mouth and you see the blue glow of plasma.

"No," you whisper, reaching out.

"Bud!" Hiccup says, obviously scared.

"Hiccup!" You shout, running to him. Gotta save him, gotta save him, gotta save him! Hiccup reaches his arm out to you, eyes pleading. "Hiccup!"

"___, ___- no!" He shouts as the plasma fires out of Toothless and hits you. Hiccup falls, sliding across the ice. You fall on your side, your last thought being, I forgive you, Toothless. Everything stops.

Hiccup raises his head. Toothless still stands there, staring at you. Hiccup doesn't waste another minute; he runs to you, flipping you on your back. "___!" He shouts. Valka runs to help. She presses an ear to your chest and Hiccup shakes his head, staring at your closed eyes. Valka's eyes brim with tears as she looks at her son.

"No," He whispers. Stoick and Gobber run closer with sad eyes. Hiccup's group of friends look down. "No."

"Oh, son," Valka says, touching his shoulder. "Dragons... Dragons under the control of bad people do bad things." Hiccup sobs, pressing his forehead to yours. A small growl fills the silence and Hiccup looks up to see Toothless, nudging your hand with his nose. He shoves him away.

"No! Get out of here!" Toothless whimpers. "Go! Get away from her! Do you see what you did? You killed her, Toothless! Go away!"

"Hiccup, he didn't mean it. You know that, don't you?" Valka says, hugging her son.

"She's dead," He cries. "She's gone."

"She wouldn't want you to act like this," Valka says. "Son, you must avenge her death. Save your dragon."

Hiccup nods, kissing your lips once before lifting you in his arms. He could do this. He had to do this. For you, for Toothless, for Berk.