(17)

Requested by toothless4ever's friend, (I don't know your name, since you don't have a Wattpad, but thank you for reading this!) I hope you enjoy. ^-^

I just got a new phone, so I lost all of the stories I had written before saving them on Wattpad. (I only use my phone). But since I had to redownload Wattpad I got the mobile update and can finally post pictures with my stories! Yay!

Anyways, enjoy.

(Picture doesn't belong to me).

"Hiccup," You sigh. "There's got to be something we can do today."

Hiccup sighs and leans back on the blanket spread across a patch of frozen grass. The two of you had spent the day doing absolutely nothing, just sitting around in the cove. There was nothing you or Hiccup could think of that would take up the rest of the day. "I don't know," he sighs again. "Dad wanted me to-"

"Hey, Hiccup, ___!" you hear from behind you. Hiccup sits up and turns, waving at Ruffnut, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs. As they approach you stand, holding a hand out to Hiccup. He blushes a deep red and places his hand in yours. You didn't know, but he'd had a crush on you for a while now. "We found this cave up on the cliffs," Tuffnut says, pointing up to the snowly cliffside. "Looks awesome, wanna go explore?"

"Could be dangerous," Ruffnut adds in.

Your eyes light up at the idea. "Let's go, Hiccup."

He smiles at your bright face then sighs. "I can't. Dad needed me to attend one of his chief meetings." You pout and he pats your shoulder.

"Then we can wait-" You start to say.

"No, no," Hiccup interrupts. "Go on. Have fun. You wanted to have something to do anyways."

"You're sure?" you ask. Hiccup nods. "Okay. Then... I'll see you later?" You start to walk off with the twins and Fishlegs.

"Later," Hiccup smiles, waving at you. You wave back and climb on Meatlug with Fishlegs.

~

The four of you approach the dim, snow covered cave and shiver. "Looks awesome," Ruffnut says.

"Very," Tuffnut agrees. "Let's go!" He runs into the entrance of the cave.

"Guys," Fishlegs warns. "Maybe you shouldn't run in the cave. You could start an avalanche. Avalanches are quite common-"

"Tuff, do you hear something?" Ruffnut interrupts.

Tuffnut glares at Fishlegs. "Why, yeah, I do, Ruff. I think it's someone ruining all the fun."

"Guys," you warn. "Let's just go." The twins high five and jog in, you trailing behind. Fishlegs moves slowly, trying not to make a sound. "You don't have to come, Fishlegs."

"I-I know, b-but I-" He's interrupted by the twins.

"Ruffnut!" Tuffnut screams, clenching his arm.

Ruffnut is choking with laughter, the sounds of the cackles bouncing off the walls. Tuffnut glares at her and shoves her into the rock wall. "Guys-" Fishlegs warns.

The cave begins to shake. Everyone freezes. "Oh no," You whisper. Fishlegs squeals and cover his head, knocking his helmet to the side. Then a cloud of heavy snow and rock come tumbling into view. "Guys," you say, eyes wide, "Run!"

The four of you take off sprinting to the exit of the cave. You stumble, twisting your ankle, and you fall to your knees and cry out. Tuffnut stops, reaching out to you. "___,"

"No!" you scream through clenched teeth. "Go, now!" He looks at the snow and rock coming closer. "Now! I'm right behind you!"

He takes off running towards Ruffnut and Fishlegs, and you take a deep breath, struggling to get up. Gotta run, you think. Hurry, hurry, hurry... But you know there is no use. Before you reach the opening the snow covers you. You stumble around in the dark blindly until you trip and hit your head hard against a rock.

~

*Meanwhile*

As Hiccup walks out of the Great Hall, Stoick by his side, a loud crumbling sound shaking the ground. All of the Vikings stop and look up at the cave, with the snow pushing its way out. Hiccup's eyes widen. "___!" He screams your name and runs toward the cliff, calling for Toothless and ignoring his father's concerned shouts.

~

Hiccup lands in front of the cave, where Ruffnut, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs stand. "Where is she?" Hiccup asks.

"She didn't make it," Ruffnut says, tears in her eyes. Tuffnut looks down with guilt and wipes a tear that had fallen. Fishlegs shakes his head.

"No," Hiccup whispers. He runs to the pile of snow and starts to dig through, ignoring the burning on his hands. "Toothless, come find her!" He shouts, dropping to his knees. The dragon obediently digs through the snow with incredible speed. After a few minutes he calls out to Hiccup. Hiccup stands up and stumbles his way to the dragon.

You lay halfway covered in snow on the rocky surface. Hiccup scoops you up in his arms and moves you into the sunlight. "___?" he asks. "___, please." He takes off his furry winter vest and drapes it around your shoulders, trying to warm you. Your skin is sickeningly pale, your lips beginning to turn blue. Hiccup takes you in his freezing arms and whispers to you, hoping you'll wake up. "Please don't leave. Don't leave, ___, please. I-I'm sorry, I-I should've been here..." Tears fall down his face. "I'm sorry, I didn't want you to get hurt." You're beginning to wake up, but you keep your eyes shut as Hiccup continues talking, stroking your cheek. "I love you, ___. I have always loved you. I was going to tell you one day, but I couldn't because I-I was scared. I love you, I love you, I love you, and I am sorry. Please don't leave me."

You slowly open your eyes and blink at the sun. "Hiccup?" you ask softly. He blocks the view of the sun and gasps, smiling.

"___!" he says. You smile.

"I love you too, Hiccup."

"Y-you heard that?" he asks, blushing a deep red.

"Some of it," You whisper. You shakily reach up to push his hair back. "I love you," you repeat.

"I love you too. So much." He leans down and presses his lips to yours.