(15)

Requested by Imslenderwoman. Hope you enjoy!

It was a perfect day. For once in Berk, the sky was a cloudless blue, the air was warm, and the sun was bright. You walked around Berk with Hiccup, your fiancée, your hand in his. Everything seemed okay.

"Would you like to go for a flight?" Hiccup asks.

"Uhm, I g-" You begin to say, but a loud roar from nearby interrupts you. Two Deadly Nadders appear from behind a hut close to you and Hiccup and fight. Some Vikings run, some Vikings cheer the violence on. You grab Hiccup's arm in fear.

"You need to go," He says, pushing you away. "Before you get hurt."

"No, Hiccup. I'm going to help you." You insist.

"___. Please. I can't lose-"

You shake your head. "You won't. Let me help you stop this."

Stoick runs towards the two of you. "Son!" He says. "Stop this before they destroy my village!"

"Okay, okay," Hiccup says. He steps forward to the dragons. "H-hey, calm down, everything's alright-" One of the Nadders hits the other one, making it cry out in pain and fall into a medium sized hut. The debris from the wall falls, right toward you. Vikings scream and run away. You stand, frozen in fear. "___!" Hiccup shouts, running to you.

"No, Hiccup-" you say as he pushes you out of the way. You land on your side. Shaking your head, you turn to look for Hiccup. Dirt from the fall clouds the blue sky. "Hiccup?" You ask. "Hiccup!" You run to the pile of debris and dig through. Hiccup lays unconscious at the bottom. You press your ear to his chest, to hear the familiar beat of his heart. Nothing. "No," you whisper. "No, Hiccup!" You sit up and shake his shoulders. "Hiccup, Hiccup, please!"

Stoick runs over and drops to his knees, pushing you out of the way. "Son?" He asks, checking for breathing. Nothing. "Son!" He begins pressing on Hiccup's chest with his huge hands, trying to push air in and out of his lungs. You crawl closer to them and cry at Hiccup's side. Stoick blows air into Hiccup, over and over, trying to bring him back.

"Please come back to me," you plead. "Please, Hiccup." Stoick pushes air into Hiccup's lungs again. "Don't leave me."

Just as you think it's all over, that Hiccup's going to remain dead, he let's out a small cough. You gasp and lean over him, brushing the hair out of his face. His eyes open slowly and you smile. "___?" He whispers when his eyes focus on you.

"Hiccup!" You kiss him roughly. "Oh thank the gods! Hiccup, you were dead. You-you died to save me, Hiccup. Why would you do that?"

"Because I love you, milady," he whispers, reaching up to caress your cheek. You catch his hand and hold it against your face.

"I love you too," You say quietly.

"Hiccup," Stoick says. "Are you okay, son?"

"Yeah," Hiccup gasps, trying to sit up. You help him. His eyes scan the damage of the crushed building. "Uh, sorry Dad."

Stoick shakes his head and laughs softly. "This is nothing. We almost lost you. Let's not try anything like that again."

Hiccup lets out a shaky laugh and takes your hand, looking up at you. "I had to protect her, Dad."

Stoick nods and pats Hiccup's shoulder. "I know. A chief protects his own."