(12)

(Unedited) Requested by Notice-me-senpi. Hope you enjoy. ^-^

You sit on your bed, a book about your favorite type of dragons, (f/d/t), on your lap. You were planning on having a reading day. Sunlight floods into your room from your window and you hear the roar of dragons outside. Everything feels peaceful today.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. You move your book to the table beside your bed and run down the stairs. "Coming!" You shout. You throw the door open and see Hiccup, one of your best friends. "Hey," You say, smiling up at him.

He smiles back. "Good morning," he says. "I- I came across a new cave this morning, on an island just off the coast of Changewing Island. I was wondering if you'd like to check it out with me and Toothless?"

"Really?" You ask excitedly. Hiccup nods. "Of course, yeah, I'll go."

"Cool. Are you ready to go now?"

"Yeah! Totally. Let's go."

"Okay," Hiccup laughs at your enthusiasm. The two of you hop on Toothless and fly off to the cave.

~

"What do you think is in there?" You ask Hiccup as you jump off of Toothless.

"I have no idea. Let's find out." He takes out a torch and holds it out to Toothless. Toothless blows a small fire on the torch. "Thank you, bud."

The three of you walk to the entrance of the cave and step in. Suddenly Toothless whimpers and steps back, shaking his head at the darkness inside. "Toothless?" You ask. He shakes his head and backs away.

"What's the matter, bud?" Toothless whimpers again. "Are you not going to come?" Toothless shakes his head. "Okay. We'll be right out then."

You and Hiccup turn back to the cave and step inside. If it weren't for the torch in Hiccup's hand lighting up the cave, the cave would be pitch black. The two of you walk carefully, stepping over big rocks and squeezing between small spaces. The two of you are quiet, except for the times when you trip and Hiccup grabs your arm or helps you up and makes fun of you for being clumsy, when he's not exactly graceful. Suddenly he grabs your arm, making you stop in your tracks. "What is it?" You ask him as he raises his torch in front of you and squints at the darkness ahead. In the dim light you see a small movement. "Hiccup?" You ask in fear, grabbing ahold of his arm.

Suddenly a million figures, either bats or small dragons, fly at you. You scream and turn to Hiccup, burying your face in his chest and wrapping your arms around him. You feel his right hand touch your back and his face bury in your hair on your shoulder. The flapping is loud in your ears, and you resist the urge to cover them. When it's quiet again, Hiccup laughs softly and pulls away. You keep a hold on him and stand up straight. Darkness is all you see.

"Well," Hiccup sighs. "Fire's out."

"That's great," you say sarcastically. "Now what do we do?"

"Find a way out of here," Hiccup says. "Come on." He takes your hand and leads the way. You stumble behind, trying to stay as close to him as possible. After a while Hiccup sees a dim light ahead. You let out a sigh of relief and the two of you walk quickly.

He stops and you run into him. It's light enough to see ahead. "Uh, it's kind of a tight fit," he breathes. He squeezes through the tight space between rocks, pulling you with him. You trip over an uneven ledge and Hiccup turns to catch you before you face plant onto the rocks.

You're laying halfway on the ground, Hiccup's arms supporting you. You wait for him to let you go and stand, but it doesn't happen. "Uh," Hiccup says. "We have a problem."

You look up at him, at his deep forest green eyes, and laugh. "Are you stuck?"

"Kinda," He laughs.

"Okay, okay," You try to sit up and push his shoulders while Hiccup tries to step forward and move. Hiccup falls forward, landing on his side beside you. "Uhm," you say, moving your hands from his shoulders. Hiccup sets his hand on your waist, jerking it back. "This is really awkward."

"Yeah," he gasps. "Sorry." He scrambles up and stands, balancing himself on the wall. "Okay." He reaches a hand out to you and pulls you next to him. "Are you okay?" He wraps an arm around your waist.

"I-I'm fine," you whisper, looking at his deep green eyes again, wide as they look at you. "What?" You whisper.

"N-nothing," he says quietly, shaking his head. "Let's... Keep going."

"Okay," you say, letting him take your hand and lead you outside. Even though you hadn't been in the cave for very long your eyes water at the sudden brightness. You blink and rub your eyes while Hiccup pets Toothless.

"Well," you sigh. "That was pointless."

Hiccup laughs. "Come on," he says, wrapping his arm around your waist. "I'll take you home."

Even though you didn't want to leave Hiccup, you let him lead you back on his dragon.