Chapter 8

" I don't care if you die anyway"  Parker shouts.

My skates slide against ice with effortless glides before coming to a stop as I saw Parker walking out the backyard. I frown.

He really is leaving. I watch as Sara Pitts  our neighbor giggles as he closes the gate behind him and begins walking away with her.

" Well I don't need you to care you ass hat!" I exclaimed my sharp blade hitting the ice as I stomped it once in frustration clenching my small fist

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't need him to care. But he did anyway. Every now and then. I had these memories, these flash backs of the ice. How cold it was. How alone I was.
Then other times I can't remember if it is  dream or not. If it really happen.

I groaned loudly rolling over in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

" What the hell do you mean she hit her fucking head!" Emmet hollered.

" During the fight, it was an accident I was pushed into her and she hit it on the book shelf better hard. I think the impact could have triggered it." Parker explained.

" We could schedule an MRI.. To make it didn't cause any further damage-" I cut Dr.Rileys words short.

I blinked my eyes adjusting to the light.  It all soon became clear. The hospital. I fucking hate hospitals.  The constant dripping sound of my IV. The terrible food, and constant reminder death.  Let's not forget how suffocating the rooms are.

" No." I grumbled rubbing my head.

At the sound of my voice they huddled over me like flies.

" You're awake!" He said in relief.

" I always wake up." I reminded seating up in the hospital bed.  " I just would have preferred it being in my own bed tho." I scowl.

" How are you feeling Emerson?" Dr.Riley ask, before grabbing a flashing light and forcing my eyes lids open.

I pull back. " Fine. Now I'm ready to go." With out further discussion I pull out my IV's causing every one to become alarmed.

" Hey!Hey!" They called out.

" Slow down champ." My Father said placing his hand over mind stopping my from getting out the bed.

" Champ? More like trouble maker. Emerson I told you about parties." I rolled my eyes at Emmet. " Dad ground her."

" Emerson won't be going anywhere she needs rest and that MRI. You haven't had a seizure in months it's important to find out the cause-"

" I haven't been taking my meds." I admit. I don't want an MRI. I don't want to stay here any longer. I just want to go home.

" And with the lights and music let's not forget the stress of breaking up a fight." Parkers holds his head down and the guilt he felt couldn't be denied. " It was all to much and it triggered. No MRI needed. I'll just take my meds it's epilepsy no biggie."

The room goes silent . Each of them looking at each other as speaking with there eyes. As if theres something I'm messing.

" Emerson." Dr.Riley starts to speak. Her eyes soften as if I was some sad puppy.

"Should get some rest." My Mom interjects stepping in front of Dr. Riley. Mom slides a piece of hair behind my ear and gives me a comforting smile. I return the smile before jumping out of the bed. My small feet hitting the cold tiles.

" Em." They groan. Parker and Emerson turn facing the other way as my ass was on display from my hospital gown. I walk around them. Grabbing a pair of sweats of Parker's bag and sliding them on. They where far to big but better than nothing.

" I'm actually well rested. Plus the longer I'm in here the less time I'm on the ice. And with competition coming up I can't be caught slaking and let's not forget with the PWJOFSC coming up-"

" The what?" Dr.Riley asked in confusion.

" The Pre-"

" Oh God please don't make her say it." Parker grumbles. I flick him off earning a look of disapproval from my Mother.

" Point is I have to hit the ice." I shrug. " Mom did you pack my skates?"

" Yes they should be in the car-"

" You're not cleared to skate Emerson." The whole room freezes at Dr.Riley's words. " I'm sorry what." I chuckle. " You can't be serious Doc? What do you mean I'm not cleared? It was just a seizure. I have them so what." I shrug taking a seat on the couch slides on a pair of shoes.

" Atonic Seizures, you know this Emerson. Being on that ice is dangerous. Your body goes limp you fall hit your head and your done for. It's not safe."

" I'll take me meds." I propose.

She shakes her head. "It won't be enough we need to take more test-"

" NO!" I jump up instantly in defense stumbled slightly as I began to grow dizzy from the sudden movement. I retain my footing hoping to look unfazed, but it I doubt that went unnoticed.
" Emerson please calm down." My Dad spoke.

I hate that look. They look at me as if I'm sick and I'm not. Gowns are suppose to make you feel beautiful like a princess. In the hospital I felt trapped in tower like one. Helpless... weak.

I just want to be on ice.

My bother walks over slowly taking careful steps as if we where standing on ice, and needed to catch me before I fell threw.

" No! No you promised no more testing!" I hollered.
" I don't want to go in there Emmet . Please don't make me go in there." I cried. Emmet's large arms wrapped around my body. I took in my brothers embrace. Seeing his as a protector. His forehead on top of my head. My face buried in his chest.

" Shhhhh." He soothed. " You don't have to Em. You don't have to Okay?" The finger pad of his thumb whipped away a single tear drop.

" Get her stuff Park." Emmet said. Still holding me in his arms as he walks me to the door. Past my parents who didn't protest, and Dr.Riley who wish she could.

" Dr.Riley could you please get the discharge paper?" I hear my Mother speak lightly as I walk out the door.