Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    NOTES FROM A NONEXISTENT HIMALAYAN EXPEDITION A NONEXISTENT

                      -Wislawa Szymborska

So these are the Himalayas.
Mountains racing to the moon.
The moment of their start recorded
on the startling, ripped canvas of the sky.
Holes punched in a desert of clouds.
Thrust into nothing.
Echo- a white mute.
Quiet.   
                              -Wislawa Szymborska

        I think I was born in the mountains. So high in the Himalayas that a single breath could move a cloud across the skies.  I think I blossomed in the mountains, that ice formed around my stem like a coat making me so stiff that if any mountain man dared to touch me I'd be like an icy excalibur impossible to move.

       I admired the Yeti's isolation, which is why I  think I was born in mountain. Why  Iwas made for snow, because it's the sweetest silence I'll ever come to know.

I wish I could stay in mountains.
But like always, for some reason just when I reach the top. I' hear them.

And the people below plead.

"Yeti, down there we've got Wednesday",

As if I'd care.

" bread and alphabets."

Then spell No.

"Two times two is four."
And there's zero chances of me coming down."

"Roses are red there,
and violets are blue."

Yeti, crime is not all
we're up to down there.
Yeti, not every sentence there
means death."

I close the book and sigh. My fingers brushing over the pages as I remembered reality.

As I remembered that I had fell from the mountains.

"  Emmet, make sure you drop of your sisters absent excuse to the attendance office. I don't need this getting marked as excused. They should understand." My Mom said handing my brother the note, as he stood at the front door his back pack hanging his shoulder.

  My brother glanced at me with concerned eyes as I sat on the living room couch in pajama's. I spent the the night sleeping here, Mom figured it would be best if I stayed away from the stairs after what happened the night before.

     " What are you going to do about her? Are you going to take her to Dr-".

I groaned at his attempts of whispering.

" No ones taking me anywhere. We know  better than to rush to the doctors after ever seizure we've been dealing with this years we know the drill by now." I casually explained.

" Your sisters right. She just needs rest. That's all." Mom agreed

" What if it the prescription? Maybe she needs a knew one, or a refill, I could stop by the pharmacy-" He was worried it was in voice, he wanted to help, but there isn't any helping me.

It just is what it is.

" Honey, just breath okay." She instructed.
" Emerson's just been stress you know that's trigger and lately with everything going on between You and Pais-"

" So it's my fault?" He asked defensively.

I roll my eyes " We'll if the shoe fits." I mumble to myself as my spin whirls around in my strawberry yogurt.