Chapter Six

FRIENDSHIPS:
BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

VI

REBUILDING BROKEN BRIDGES

HICCUP AND FISHLEGS stepped outside to talk, seeking some privacy away from prying eyes and judgmental ears. Hiccup wanted to understand why Fishlegs hadn't come to his aid when Snotlout and the Twins had attacked him, and what he heard surprised him.

"I just wanted to apologize for not helping you out when Snotlout and the Twins beat you up," Fishlegs began, his voice tinged with regret. "Heather and I were scared that they would turn on us too, and we feared getting into big trouble if we didn't follow along."

Hiccup listened intently as Fishlegs opened up about his fears and concerns. He questioned why Fishlegs was speaking up now and seeking forgiveness, especially after Astrid had cut ties with them.

"Because I can't stand them anymore, Harper. I've realized that I need to do the right thing, especially after almost losing one of my true friends, Astrid," Fishlegs explained earnestly.

As Hiccup processed this information, he began to comprehend Astrid's perspective. She hadn't known about the bullying, and he felt a mix of relief and guilt for assuming she was involved. With Fishlegs showing genuine remorse, Hiccup considered the possibility of rebuilding their friendship, but he needed time to heal and learn to trust again.

"Maybe we can be friends, but I'll need time to trust you, especially given your past actions," Hiccup responded honestly, wanting to give Fishlegs a chance to prove himself.

Fishlegs smiled gratefully, feeling hopeful about the possibility of reconciliation. They bid each other farewell and headed to their respective classes.

oOo

FISKE

AFTER TALKING TO Hiccup and apologizing, Fishlegs felt a sense of relief and hope for the future. He hoped that his friendship with Hiccup could be repaired and strengthened over time.

In his homeroom, Fishlegs encountered Snotlout, who immediately tried to provoke him about Astrid.

"Have you ever talked to My Princess yet?" Snotlout taunted.

"She's not your Princess, and why do you care? It's none of your business," Fishlegs retorted, standing his ground.

Snotlout attempted to assert his authority, reminding Fishlegs of his position as the leader of their group. However, Fishlegs refused to back down, revealing that he had left Snotlout's group.