Epilogue

FRIENDSHIPS: BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

EPILOGUE:

ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL

One year after...

IT WAS ALREADY graduation day for the Seniors at Berk High School. Every student has received their diploma, a fulfilling moment for them, for they have worked very hard for it.

Hiccup and his friends are there too. Of course, they are part of the graduating batch. Each received prestigious recognition, which caused their hearts to flutter.

Meanwhile, their parents are very proud of them. You can see them crying except for Hiccup's father, Stoick, who is booming and boasting about his son, who is the valedictorian. He is carrying a puppy who belonged to Hiccup and is named Toothless. Also with him is Gobber because he is already a part of their family. someone they can't afford to lose.

Anyway, Hiccup is the valedictorian, and because of that, he is going to deliver his speech of gratitude in front of everyone after the recognition of the graduates. Time passed by, and Hiccup had already gone up to the stage. He was a little bit nervous, but luckily, he delivered his speech with confidence and heartfelt emotions. Everyone paid attention to the speech, which in the end gained a standing ovation.

"To the administrators, teachers, guests, parents, and fellow students, good afternoon.

Today, I am standing here in front of you as a graduating senior at Berk High, delivering his speech.

I am very happy to see myself and my fellow students on this occasion. I would like to congratulate all of us for that. I know that everyone strived hard to get this honor of graduating high school. I, myself, witnessed all the hard work that, in the end, will be worth it. I know that after this, we will all take different paths to college to pursue our biggest dreams. And for that, good luck. But before I thank all the people who helped me attain where I am today, I would like to tell you something. Well, as a saying goes, you cannot reach your destination if you don't know how to look back from where you started or came from.

The past few years of my life are the most memorable to me. Why? Because it contributes a great deal to who I am today. Anyway, a few years ago, I entered BHS as a freshman, a newbie, and a nobody. I used to be a small and scrawny teenager who was looked at by other people as a nuisance or a curse. They picked me up, bullied me, ignored me, and belittled me. They even called me 'Hiccup the Useless' instead of my real name, Harper. But that never stopped me, and it never brought me down. It became my inspiration and hope. Even though sometimes I wish to give up already. But, no! I never quit, for I wanted to prove everyone, including myself, that they were wrong. That went in every day until the past year. A year that has changed my life a lot. I was given a chance to reconcile and befriend my former bullies, and now they're my best buddies. Though they did something bad to me before, I decided to forgive them and give them a chance, for they've already learned their lesson, which is enough for me. They helped me showcase and let out the talent that I have. Because of that, many opportunities came, which changed my life and for which I am very thankful.