Chapter Nineteen

FRIENDSHIPS:

BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

XIX

RECONCILATION

DAYS, WEEKS, AND MONTHS have passed since Harper regained consciousness. He has already undergone therapy and has gotten his new prosthetic, which allows him to walk even though he lost a part of his lower left leg. Everyone is thrilled about that and happy for him. He has also fully recovered from the accident, but he can't go to school yet because school ended before his recovery from the hospital culminated. Though he never failed his junior year because his school gave him a chance to catch up with the lessons and answer his exams (which he missed), the administration knew and understood his situation. And luckily, he passed. Well, it isn't a surprise, though. Harper is very smart, and despite all that has happened to him, he is still the one who is leading in his class.

There are many things that happened in the past year, and I might say that there are also many additions to the things that happened in the past that are happening this time. First, because of the accident, he is proclaimed a hero of the school and is also proclaimed a hero by the city government. Likewise, he attended local TV shows for interviews about what happened at that time. Second, he and his friends, as well as his family, had plenty of moments that summer that they will surely never forget. Third, his romantic relationship with Astrid got stronger because of the struggles that they have faced these past few months, and lastly, it was the one that he never expected.

It is mid-July afternoon, the 13th day of the month, and Sunday. Six teens gathered in the Horrendous Haddock Residence (more likely a mansion) to hang out. Namely, Harper/Hiccup, Astrid, Heather, Fiske/Fishlegs, and Tyler/Tuffnut, and it isn't surprising because it is a regular thing for teenagers to spend time with their friends. Mr. Haddock allowed them to be in their house anytime because he knows the teens well and is very fond of them, especially because they are good to his son. They are currently gathered around in the living room, eating pizza and talking with each other about interesting things while the music is playing loud. They are currently enjoying their time together as a group, but then someone rang the doorbell.

RING!

"I'm on it!" Ruffnut shouted. She went to the door and opened it to see the face of

"Snotlout! What are you doing here?" she said in shock.

"Ruffnut, I meant no harm. I just wanted to talk to you guys, especially us—I mean Hiccup or Harper. So please let me in, Snotlout said softly.

"For what? Give me a good reason to let you in, Ruffnut demanded.

"I came here to apologize, said Snotlout. Come inside." She sighed and opened the door wider, gesturing for him to come inside.