Chapter Thirteen

FRIENDSHIPS:

BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

XIII

THE PLAN INITIATION

ONE WEEK HAD passed since the gang and Hiccup devised their plan to teach Snotlout a lesson. The day had finally arrived, the 4th of February, marking the resumption of classes at Berk High. It was the day they had agreed to set their plan, allowing Hiccup to take the lead while the others observed every step of the way.

oOo

HARPER

AS THE MORNING sun began to rise, Hiccup woke up at five in the morning, knowing that this day would be different. It was the initiation of Operation: Teach Snot A Lesson (OTSAL). With determination in his heart, he proceeded with his daily routine, but he made some changes to his appearance and demeanor. He made his bed first, as he always did, not wanting to incur his father's disapproval for being messy. Then, he took a refreshing bath and dried himself off.

Today called for a new look, so Hiccup rummaged through his closet, eventually selecting a plain white t-shirt paired with a leather jacket. The others had assured him that this combination suited him well. Along with that, he chose a pair of slightly skinny jeans, opting for contact lenses instead of his usual eyeglasses, and deliberately left his hair ruffled instead of neatly combed.

As Hiccup descended the stairs to have breakfast, he encountered his father, who seemed to be in a cheerful mood, as he had taken the day off to spend time with his son.

"Hi, son," his father greeted warmly.

"Hi, dad," Hiccup replied with a smile.

"I cooked your favorite yak chops. I woke up early just to prepare this for you," his father said proudly.

"Thanks, dad. It smells wonderful. I can't wait to dig in," Hiccup replied, taking in the savory aroma.

When Hiccup's father turned around to face him, he was taken aback by his son's new appearance.

"Harper, what in Thor's name happened to you?!" his father exclaimed, visibly shocked.

"Umm... dad? Is there something wrong with how I look?" Hiccup asked, slightly self-conscious.

"No, no, not at all. You look great; it's just that I'm not used to seeing you like this. You usually wear baggy clothes, and now..." his father trailed off, assuming Hiccup might have a romantic interest. "Wait a minute?! Are you dating someone?! Oh, my Thor! I can tell from the way you look. Love can really change a person. But remember, don't rush into anything intimate. And if you ever need... um, protection, just check your bedside drawer for c-"