Serenity: Chosen to be Mother Nature

Chapter 2

Alpha Lucas

I gritted my teeth in anger and frustration, as my wolf cried out in agony for my mate, our mate. Nothing could keep me in more control than my mate, the one who I have bullied when we were younger. The one who I would watch from afar, since knowing my presence angered her. She hated me and I wouldn't mind that as long as I know that she is alright. I don't deserve her yet I wait every single day for a miracle to see her walk through the door of the pack house.

For nine years I have suffered without her here with me and I deserve it. My parents and the whole pack were delighted to know that she was my mate, the future Luna of the pack and had never stopped searching for her, hell I wouldn't stop looking for her.

The day that I had first encountered with my wolf, nine years ago, I was relieved to know that she was mine. Though the guilt was there, the guilt had always been there since I laid a hand on her. I wouldn't stop punishing myself about it and when my parents and brothers had came to know that I had bullied her, they were disgusted with me.

They saw her as their own, and me being a selfish bastard had done harm to her. I was ashamed, guilty and disappointed with myself.

My parents settled me down on a couch to tell me that they knew Serenity and I were mates ever since the day she was born. They explain how I wouldn't want anyone else except her parents to hold her and sometimes I would sneak out to go sleep beside her in the crib, carefully not to wake her up. There were many pictures of her and I in our own little photo album.

That was until Justin had became a part of the pack. We found him when he was two years old, the same age as Serenity at the time. He was a rouge, an orphan. His parents were killed when my dad found them lying next to him. Justin then became a part of her life and she would always call out for Justin or Amber who was my first cousin. I had been jealous of their friendship and it made my blood boil seeing her with another male that wasn't me.

When I heard a couple of pack members, saying that they would be 'cute' if they were mates made me even angrier. Like I said I am a selfish asshole and I felt ashamed when Justin confronted me that he and her were like siblings, that she saw him as an older brother that she wished to have and vice versa. I could have won the Most Fucking Idiot award that year. Amber though, was a pain in my ass, though it was only because what I have done to her best friend. Amber felt embarrassed to be related to me for what I did, and slapped me in the face.

The only thought I had on my mind was that I was the mate of a girl chosen to be Mother Nature and that was no lie. I saw her interact with the forest, how it always lit up around her when she went in it. The aura around her, made me want her and made me fall in love with her even more. It was the main reason why I had shifted at age eleven. Most times, her parents or mine would find her in the forest at dawn, it frightened them.

She could punch me, kick me, strangle me but all I needed was her beside me. I want to be the cause of her amazing smile, her sexy laugh, every happy thing. I want to be the one she could turn to, to hold, to compliment her beauty everything. She always loves to take risks and dangerous things that will get her in danger and I can't risk that. Even at the age of five, I remembered clearly that she was trying to stop Ryan, who is now a warrior, from becoming a beast. Even til this day, he can never stop thanking my mate for that.

To know that her parents wanted us together made my heart clench, I bet they don't approve of me much now. I knew that if her father was here, he would have hanged me up from a cliff knowing he was very overprotective of her. And I would do the same to the guy who mistreats my daughter that way.