Serenity: Chosen to be Mother Nature

Chapter Six

Serenity

"Don't go cross the borderline!" I yelled out, informing them just to make sure that they wouldn't go straight into the territory.

"What does it look like?!" I heard Kade shout out.

"For you..." I started to say, but dodged a log that was laying on the ground, "you will notice the smell! The smell of mixed scents... That means that there is a pack ahead! For them..." I nodded my head to his mom and brother, "there will be a space along with a row of trees that will mean that it is a pack's territory."

We saw the moon almost at its highest peak and I could see that it was affecting Kade. He groaned in pain, tumbling to the ground as we were almost to the borderline.

"Kade!" His eyes were bright yellow, like Lucas's eyes when he started to shift. His mom and Jaxon gasped, "Do something!"

"Kade, look at me," I calmly said, "I won't hurt you– hell you could even try to kill me but I won't hurt you... You know why? Because I see you as my little brother."

His body started to shake violently, "Go! Go, with Purity to the pack lines and get some help. I'll stay with him!" I yelled out, still keeping my focus on Kade.

"But–" Jaxon started to argue, but I cut him off, "Just go!"

When it was just Kade and I, I started to tell him more about me, something that would comfort him, "You know... I was only about the age of three when I wanted to be an older sister. I–I wanted to learn how it felt to protect your younger siblings, especially to have someone who annoys the shit out of me," I chuckled, as I tried to get closer to him but he growled. His wolf was strong, I could see it in his eyes and I could feel it.

"But... I-I couldn't become an older sister," I choked out, "my mom had complications when I was born and since then, they couldn't conceive another." I saw his eyes soften, but his bright yellow eyes still remained.

"I kept on believing that it was my fault that they couldn't be able to have another child, or maybe if I was a curse... I almost killed my mother that day from giving birth and it hurts to see that image in my mind when someone tells me that I was at fault."

"Honestly, I planned to run away at the age of four, still not believing that I couldn't have maybe a little brother or a little sister... But Lucas stopped me..."

"I don't remember what happened that night, but all I could remember is him bringing me back home... But you know what I learned while growing up?" I was met with silence and I didn't expect him to so I took another step closer and answered my own question, "I learned that it doesn't matter if the person you see as a brother or sister can be blood related or not...it's about the loyalty, the love, the happiness they bring you each time you spend with them...." I say softly, being a few feet away from him.

As I met his eyes, I gave him a soft smile and said, "I see you as my little brother..." It was the truth. The first time I saw him being bitten on his leg by the rogue, I needed to protect him. Him, a stranger yet a kid who never had an idea what he was turning into until he met me.

He fell to his knees, weak. I knelt down, putting his head into my lap, my eyes held tears of relief, "Hey Kade..." I brushed his hair away from his sweaty forehead.

He tried to smile but looked like a grimace, "Y-You never told us your name..."

I laughed, mentally face palming my forehead. After all this time of being with them, I never told them my name.

"Serenity... My name is Serenity Alexandra Myers." I answered.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Alpha Lucas

Her pain... I could feel her pain, her sadness and then happiness.

My wolf couldn't even stand being here, shifting into my black midnight wolf, he broke the bonds. My mate was out at the pack line and I needed to be with her. Luther and Lucian came into the basement that they built into my cell, they came along with my father.

I roared at them, probably looking like a crazed wolf, "What the fuck is wrong with him?!"

I threw myself to the bars of the cell, my fur stung painfully but I ignored it. My dad must have recognised why I was doing this so he immediately said, "Open the cell!" I swear I could hear the happiness in his voice.

"Dad, are you crazy? He might hurt someone!" I heard Lucian say and I growled menacingly at him.

"Yeah, what happens if he turns rogue?" Luther asked, panicking and I answered it with a snarl and then I howled to the moon.

"His mate is here! She's here! Serenity is here!" My dad practically leaped up in joy and mindlinked all the pack members.

From a distance, my ears strained to hear someone yell out help.

The twins quickly opened the cell, and I rushed out hoping that it was my mate.

"Alpha, there are two humans on the territory asking for help," one of my trackers stated.

Suddenly I remembered that she had came with them, so where was she?

"Order them to why they need help then follow them! I'm on my way!"

I could smell my mate's scent from even a miles away. I could feel my dad and brothers trying to mindlink me but I blocked them out, focusing on my mate's mouthwatering scent.

I zipped through the trees finding my pack warriors and trackers with the two humans. It was a woman, who looked in her mid thirties and I assume her son, since they had resembling features.

I bolted past them, running past the borderline until I saw her and the rogue. I growled loudly, loud enough for everyone to know that that was a warning sign that I was about to lose my shit. The ground shook as I did, my heart began to stop as I saw her emerald green eyes look at me.

It was her.

My Serenity, my mate... The only person that I was bound to be with for the rest of my life and the next. The person that I longed to see as the mother of my children. My Luna, my equal and superior, the one who challenges me with every thing that I do.

She will be mine.