Serenity: Chosen to be Mother Nature

Chapter 3

Serenity

I was close to the borderline of a rogue pack, where I was still covered in mud from head to toe. I wandered within the woods for an hour or two, seeking a possible place to help me settle just for the night.

Just as I was about to sit down under the shade, I heard a scream. A scream that meant horror, fear and help. I stood up, grabbing my bow and arrow and threw my bag while I hid my laptop.

I scrambled up the tree, seeing seven rogues chasing what seemed like three humans. Two boys and one woman. One boy looked about the age of fifteen as the other looked to be my age. Jumping down, I ran to their direction shooting as I came closer to the view.

One was tearing into the young boy's leg, the boy let out a terrified scream, trying to kick away. My arrow hit the side of the wolf, piercing through the skin making it whimper. I sliced another rouge by the neck with my dagger, almost wincing at the sight of blood. Protecting the kid, I saw the other two rouges chasing the other two humans and I had shot them one by one. There were three others snarling at them as they made their way towards the kid. I stood in front of them in a protective stance, and glared at the wolves.

"Go, now!" I commanded in a powerful voice, surprising them and myself as well.

They snapped their jaws at me but obeyed my command, carrying their kind that were wounded, and the other that ate the kid's leg.

I signaled them to stop, holding up a hand. I walked straight to them as they shivered in fear. I knelt down and healed the man's throat and revived the other rouges that I have killed. I heard gasps and they had knelt down bowing their heads in submission, appreciation and respect.

I had learned of my ability to heal others when I was only sixteen, it was one of the abilities of being Mother Nature. But at the age of thirteen was when I starting to heal faster like a werewolf.

They had gone away and I sighed, suddenly I was tackled with much force and was pinned to the tree.

"Jaxon, no!" The woman yelled at the guy who looked to be the same age as I was.

"Who the fuck are you?" He growled out, which was funny since he wasn't a werewolf, "Are you with them?!" He pressed my own dagger to my neck.

Oh, the nerve of this jack ass!

My eyes turned cold and darkened slightly every single time that I got angry, "Look here numbnuts, you should be the one thanking me for saving your asses back there!"

"Saving? Well my brother got bitten by those monsters that have highly respect for you, he's still bleeding!" He snapped.

I shoved him away, resisting the urge to puke from his spit that spattered on my face and punched him hard in the jaw, "Well I'm sorry for giving you any reason to blame me for your stupid decisions of even walking in this gods forsaken forest as if it were a walk in a damn park!" I shouted at him, in a sarcastic manner.

I walked towards the kid, he was trembling in shock as his mother tried to stop the wound from bleeding, sweat had covered his face.

"Hey," I say softly, "you're going to be okay alright? I'm just going to heal the wound," I looked to his mother for approval and she nodded her head, signifying that she was okay with it.

I lifted the ankles of his trousers, pulling it up to the knee to find that he was bitten on the backside of his calf. It was final that he was going to shift into a werewolf in a full moon, which is in a couple of weeks from now. I decided to tell them the next day, since they got attacked from rouges.