Serenity: Chosen to be Mother Nature

Chapter Seven

Serenity

I heard a growl from a few feet away and my eyes widened when I saw a black midnight wolf. I began to pull Kade's exhausted body closer to mine. I couldn't let this unknown wolf hurt Kade. As it came closer and closer to view, I started to feel somewhat strange. Goosebumps started to creep on my skin, completely unusual since it wasn't cold here.

I started to feel so nervous that the ground started to shake again, trying my best to control my emotions. But I don't know why I felt like this. The wolf growled again, as it charged for us.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the force to hit when I heard a snarl from somewhere. I peaked open to see Purity fighting against the wolf and then seeing the other pack members come from the borderline.

"Purity, enough! We have help so enough!" I mind linked Purity.

Purity hissed at the wolf one last time and prodded my way.

I then saw the wolf turn into a man in his early twenties. Pitch black, ruffled hair, and sky blue eyes that used to look at me with hatred and anger. He wasn't a scrawny boy anymore, he had a body of a goddamn builder that stood six feet and five inches. His chiseled chest was marred with scars. He had a scar that came from his eyebrow to under his stubbled chin. It was like most of the times when he was in the same room as I, that I would usually feel vulnerable and unworthy.

But that wasn't what made me tremble with fear and anger, it was what he said.

"Mine!" It all happened so fast when he marched over to where I was but was held back by most of the warriors.

I clutched Kade to myself and gathered him in my arms, "Come on Kade... let's go."

"Let me take him," Purity mindlinked me but I hesitated.

"Serenity, just let me take him... I promise that he won't get hurt. Plus there are people who want to see you..." As I did carry Kade on Purity's back, I was about to ask her who, but was suddenly engulfed in a bear hug one that held a familiar feeling.

"Serenity..." I suddenly recognized his voice. It was the voice of my godfather. I immediately wrapped my arms around his torso and cried in his chest.

He pulled away to look at me, with a glare, he still looked the same. He looked a lot like Lucas only with a hint of gray hair and dark bags under his eyes, "You are in so much trouble young lady! Do you even know how worried the whole pack was? We were looking all over for you!"

"Do you know how disappointed we were when we couldn't find you? Lucas found the note you left and to say that you were not coming back?! How could you?!" I flinched at the tone of his voice which made me feel even more guilty for leaving. His eyes softened as he was about to say something, I softly said, "I'm so sorry for leaving... I know what I did disappointed you guys and maybe my parents as well. What can I say? I'm just a disappointment."

"Alex," I heard a woman's voice warned, it wasn't difficult to know that it was my godmother.

"No, baby girl, look at me...." He wiped away my tears, "I'm sorry for what my son has done to you all those years," I stood there shocked, wondering how they knew.

"Lucas told us all about the bullying and why you left, if I would have known, I would have sent him away myself..."

"So will you forgive your godparents?" He asked, nervously.

I smiled softly, "I should be the one asking for forgiveness not you guys. But if it makes you guys happy then I will say yes if you forgive me for leaving," I replied.

He spun me around and suddenly it made me feel like a little girl again.

"Oh, that's enough Alex! Now you're just hogging her all to yourself!" Lucy, my godmother slapped his arm playfully, "It's my turn to hug my daughter!"

I laughed as she tearfully saw me, "Goddess, you have grown even more beautiful! You kids have grown up so fast!"

After a few moments of reuniting, I couldn't help but question, "So how's Justin and Amber?"

My godfather gave me a sad smile, "Well, they haven't been that happy since you left, but they still never gave up looking for you. Justin had just found his mate a month ago, a daughter of a Beta from a neighboring pack, one of our alliances. She's a really good girl and I know you two will get along great. As for Amber, she hasn't participated as a part of the pack when Lucas became Alpha."

"How about the twins? Uncle?" I paused whispering the last name that came to mind, "Caleb?"

Now I really feel like a piece of shit.

They both looked at me in shock, "You still remember Caleb?"

I nodded, "Never stopped thinking about anyone in this pack."

They both smiled, "Why don't you meet up with them tomorrow? Since you had a long day..."

Yeah and knowing that Lucas is my mate just made it worse.

I nodded, but then I had to ask, "Is it okay if I could maybe stay at the cabin house for tonight?"

They nodded, in understanding, "Alright sweetheart, but please stop by tomorrow?"

I smiled and said, "Okay...."

"Purity? How's Kade?"

"He's doing well... They are already giving him a sedative so that he could sleep through the pain..."

"Okay, I'm coming. Are you at the cabin?"

"Yes the pack doctor had already left promising that we will let Kade rest. His mother and brother are here."

I made my way to the cabin that was far from the pack house and away from the sparring field, but still was a part of their territory.

Seeing Purity outside the cabin, I hugged her close to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"How about tomorrow?" I asked, yawning.

She gave me an intense stare, but nodded her big mountain lion head.

I entered the cabin seeing Kade with his mom and brother sleeping on the couch while his mom was sleeping beside Kade.

I smiled tiredly and went to kiss each of them on the cheek. Then I gathered some blankets so that I could sleep outside with Purity.

Purity looked shocked to see me but I ignored it saying, "I'm not letting you sleep outside alone if that's what you're thinking... And don't even try to talk me into it."

I got myself comfortable, lying on her muzzle as I petted her huge head.

"Good night," I said as I drifted myself to sleep.