A Broken Promise

Classic's POV

A few hours earlier

"Where did you get that gun of yours anyway?" Outer asked as he lay on a grassy area in OuterTale. "Well Sci had it on his table and I just couldn't help myself, okay?" I replied, putting it back into my pocket. "It's not that big anyway, it can be easily concealed," I added, halfheartedly punching Outer's shoulder. He rolled his eyes at my antics. "I am still shocked that you managed to get me to remember. I thought Fate permanently sealed my memories." "I thought so too," I mumbled, looking up at the glittering diamonds in the sky. "But it's just the beginning. There are hundreds of thousands of other AU's that need to regain their memories so my success is just the beginning."

"Hey," Outer said happily. "At least its a start. With Fate's reign, I thought it would've been more permanent." I chuckled half-heartedly. "It's crazy to think that Sci's prototype anesthetic was able to get passed that memory block Fate put up." Outer's happy expression turned more monotone when he noticed my neutral expression. "Bro, what's wrong?" He asked me, looking worried. I sighed and looked down into the Void. "I am just worried that if Fate realizes that they are about to lose their hold on this multiverse, that Error will never be able to see his adopted brother again."

Outer's expression hardened. "Error's brother is more unpredictable than Error. Not to mention that said brother is notorious for evading both Fate and Void. Error will see him one day." "If he remembers," was my pathetic reply. Fate wanted a monster who didn't have any ties that could hold them down. They got more than they bargained for. "What's the game plan?" Outer asked, changing the subject. I shrugged. "It's whatever Error does. Fate pissed of their sibling's Time and Karma so the outcome is unknown right now." "Is it in our favor?" Outer finally asked after a moment of silence.

I grinned. "At this point, it's whatever they want." Outer shot me a disbelieving look before rolling his eyes. "I never get a straight answer out of you. Who are they?" Ignoring him, I stood up. "Put your AU on lockdown. If shit hits the fan, at least you'll be safe. A lot of Sanses are doing it to protect their AU's so wherever Error and Ink will fight is limited." "Do you know where they are?" Outer asked, trying to get more answers. I grinned, opening a portal back home. "I have a vague idea," I replied, disappearing before he could press me further. Time to put my universe under lockdown.

Error's POV

I never thought I would see the day were Ink would finally lose ground. A tower can only be built so tall after all, and I am determined to knock him down. "GOOD LUCK OUT THERE," Nightmare grumbled, looking at me with pride. "THIS IS GAME OVER, FOR EITHER SIDE." I smiled softly at him. "TiLl the end?" "TILL THE END," he confirmed. Killer and Dream watched from afar, the others to busy with the chocolate fiasco to wish me good luck. Neither Dream or Killer seemed interested in wishing me farewell so I started to create a portal to Ink's last known location, the remains of InkTale. However, I was interrupted by the ever increasing enigma I have come to meet, Classic.

"Hang on," he told me, appearing out of a portal. "Catch," he said, tossing a small looking pistol. I caught it and examined it. "It has three shots left, shoot Ink with one and it'll give you some breathing room if things get too heated. You and Ink are major gods, so all its going to do is make him dizzy and sluggish for five minutes." "OkAy?" I replied, not understanding what he was trying to say. 'Shooting Ink with that would also knock Sketch's power down,' I heard Static add. I shrugged and pocketed it. "I'll keep this in mind, thanks Classic." "Good luck," he replied, teleporting away.

I could tell Nightmare didn't know what to do with the enigma either so he just brushed it off. "YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET GOING. WE DON'T KNOW WHERE INK IS," he warned. I nodded and created a portal and lept through it, determined to find Ink before his lackeys recovered.