Where am I?

I hate being in this new town. Why did Dad have to get a new job offer here? He could've said no, but Dad says he's a yes opportunity man. I shouldn't really be too hard on him, he just wants the best for me and I love him for that. I love my Dad very much and we have become somewhat closer since my late mother had left us some time ago.

That doesn't mean we have our own interests. Dad likes history and I like all things that relate to art in some way. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, sewing and doll-customizing. Although that last one was a recent hobby that I picked up. Mum liked to customize dolls and she taught me how to make patterns for doll clothing and how to repaint a dolls face and features.

And as for our shared interests, we both had a love for Egypt and for its mysterious history. Most, if not all of my drawings had an Egyptian inspiration or theme.

It was the day before my fourteenth birthday and Dad came into my room when I was watching a show I loved on TV.

Unknown: Hey, sweetheart

Unknown: Hey, Dad

Dad: Here's an early birthday gift

I thanked him and took the box he handed me. I ripped the paper off and I saw Egyptian markings covering the box. I opened it and saw a cuff with curved pits. The curved pits look like they are supposed to hold marbles of some sort.

'Strange'

Dad: Do you not like it, Cleo?

Cleo: I love it. Thanks, Dad

We hug and he leaves me to enjoy my early birthday present.

~ ~ ~ ~

As I got changed into my outfit, it felt like it was missing that certain special something. That's when I remembered. I had my bracelet that Dad gave me yesterday. So I grabbed it from the box in the top draw of my nightstand. When I put it on, it had a blue marble in the biggest curved pit of the necklace.

'I could've sworn that wasn't there yesterday'

Oh well, I may as well go for a walk around the town and get myself familiar with it. As I was walking through the streets and not paying attention, a boy runs into me and we fall to the ground. The boy offers me a hand and I take it. The boy looks down at my bracelet and drags me into a nearby alleyway.

Cleo: What was that for?

Unknown: Come with me and I will explain everything

That's when I notice my bracelet glowing and I start freaking out. Just when my freak out was about to get louder, he covered my mouth and put a finger to his. I notice his bracelet glowing as well and calm down.

Unknown: Now that this has been settled, come with me

I followed the boy in and we were outside the gates of a golden kingdom. The boy looked up at the gates and motioned for someone to open the gates for us. They didn't let us in through the gates, and instead decided jump down then point a spear at my throat. I was taken aback by this and the boy intercepted the woman from slitting my throat from my body.

Unknown: Calm down, Neith. She's with me

She looked at me from head to toe, and stopped at the bracelet on my wrist.

Neith: Where'd you get that bracelet?

Cleo: From my father as a birthday present this morning

Neith: Speak louder

Cleo: I got it from my father as a birthday present this morning, happy now