A Shadow Appears! Who's thinking of who?

I was standing at her door, while she was sulking and organising her dolls. I started chuckling and she gave me some sort of death glare.

Anubi: What's with the glare?

She went back to organising her dolls and I calmed down from my laughing fit.

Anubi: Leo is right though. Can you just come back to the Dark Pyramid with me?

Cleo: Do I have to?

Anubi: You either come with me willingly or I will have to use force. You choose.

Cleo: You're lucky that my Dad's out, and I'll only come with you on one condition.

Anubi: What might that be?

Cleo: That you don't try anything fishy.

Anubi: I promise

We crossed our arms and we appeared in the throne room of the Dark Pharaoh.

Exaton: Great job, Anubi!

Cleo: What do you need from me?

Exaton: I just want to give you a gift.

Cleo: Should I be worried?

Exaton: Don't worry. It's only a stone and an offer.

Cleo: And what might that be?

~ ~ ~

Exaton: You join me and defeat the warriors of the Golden Army or you'll make me your very worst enemy. Which do you choose?

'I thought we were already enemies'

Exaton: Well?

Cleo: I'll join you

Exaton: Good choice

He threw me a stone and a bracelet. I took off my own bracelet and put that in the pouch that Ra gave me, then put his one on. The bracelet resized itself to fit my wrist and I put the stone into the bracelet. The stone glowed and the energy was so strong that I passed out.

Or at least . . . my pure form anyways.

~ ~ ~

Cleo's Shadow: I am ready to serve you, Lord Exaton.

Exaton: Perfect, now go to the Golden City and find the last pharaoh of earth.

Cleo's Shadow: At once

I left the pyramid in search for the last pharaoh.

~ ~ ~

My bracelet started glowing when I was almost home and ran into an alleyway and went straight to Egyxos. I found myself in the throne room, with Cleo in Ra's throne.

Cleo: You've finally arrived, Leo. You took your time.

Leo: Cleo, what happened to you?

Cleo: I am simply her shadow and I have joined with some . . . far superior sources

Leo: Where's the real Cleo?

Cleo's Shadow: She is merely taking a break from being in control.

Leo: What happened to Ra and the others?

Cleo's Shadow: They're all merely serving some time. If you know what I mean.

Leo: You wouldn't!

Cleo's Shadow: I simply gave them an offer they couldn't refuse. They get into cells and starve or they would be killed where they stood. They all agreed that they would rather be put into cells and starve, which was convenient for me because I would hate to have their fates on my conscious.