[25] This Is The Day

NOAH

Stop looking so nervous! Via told me with a smirk as we waited by the gates of the theme park. She seemed back to her usual self, which made the guilt that I harboured for hanging out with Harrison a little easier to bear. I knew it would never go away though. The constipated face is coming back with a vengeance!

Shut up! It's my right to be nervous – I am meeting your best friend after all! I was signing to get in the flow, even though I knew that Elliot would undoubtedly still think I was shit at it.

You're making him sound like he's going to murder you!

Who knows? He might – I've never met him before!" She laughed easily So he's bringing his girlfriend too? I hadn't known what to think when Via suggested we double date, but I guessed that I needed to meet the mysterious Elliot sometime or other so why not do it at the same time?

Boyfriend, she corrected me. Well, that's new.

Ok then I replied nodding my head Ugh I'm still so nervous!

Stop! He's going to be here any minute and you'll see that you've just been worrying over absolutely nothing! She smiled at me knowingly and our fingers intertwined like they were meant to be. I still couldn't believe she actually liked me back after everything that happened.

XXX

It wasn't long before the two guys turned up and I could immediately tell which one Elliot was due to the massive grin he had on his face as soon as he spotted Via. He was about the same height as me, but lankier, with messy black hair and warm eyes.

Hey guys! He signed enthusiastically, smiling smugly at Via.

Should I introduce myself now or...? I didn't know what to do or what to say in front of him because I desperately didn't want to embarrass myself. It was bad enough that I couldn't sign as well as them.

Via suddenly signed something quickly and they ended up having a full-on conversation at the speed of light. I hadn't realised how annoying it must be for Via to have to slow her signing down so much for me to understand.
My confusion must have shown on my face.

Oh Sorry Noah, Via signed apologetically we tend to sign fast... I didn't realise...

Yes Via! You should be nice to your boyfriend! Elliot suddenly interrupted and I couldn't help but laugh at his enthusiasm

Shut up you! She signed back playfully Anyway, Elliot, this is my boyfriend Noah.

Hi! I signed awkwardly, not sure of what to do with myself. I felt like I'd entered a different world that Via knew how to navigate, and I didn't. Maybe this was how she felt at school. Sorry, my signing's really bad

Don't worry about it! He flicked his hand and it immediately put me off edge Anyway this is Alex, He points to the guy next to him with warm coffee coloured hair and gentle eyes of the same colour. He smiled shyly and I decided they made a cute couple, even if I had only met both of them five seconds ago.

HI! Alex signed awkwardly and Via laughed for some reason

Ok shall we go into the park then?

XXX

So how long have you And Via known each other? I asked Elliot later. We'd gone on a few rides but we all knew that wasn't the main reason we met up.

Oh since we were ten he smiled nostalgically. I could see why Via takes about him a lot if they'd been friends that long we went to the same school from then but she moved last year.