Chapter 11

Sadie's POV

I'm not sure where I portaled myself. All I know is that I ended up somewhere on a remote beach. As soon as I hit the sand, I fell to my knees and burst into tears. How could Anubis do this to me? You heard Leo they broke up. He doesn't feel that way about Reyna anymore. Then why did he kiss her back? You don't know that he did. He didn't push her off. I warred with myself internally. Finally I couldn't take it.

I pulled out my iPod and headphones and turned on songs in the playlist 'sad' which was mostly songs by the vamps. The vamps are my favorite band. I sat there and listened for hours. Laying in the sand and staring at the sky.

"There you are." I looked up and saw Percy jackson. "What are you doing here?" I asked wiping the makeup off from under my eyes.

Percy looked at me sympathetically. " You really don't get it do you? "

"Get what?" I asked irritated now

"Nico loves you. He's back home freaking out. He yelled at Reyna -which has never happened- and is doing everything to find you and make sure you're safe"

I stared into his dark sea green eyes. If I wasn't madly in love with Walt/Anubis, he would be pretty attractive. With his dark messy hair and smug grin he always had...

I looked up at him. "How did you know where I was? I don't even know where here is!" I looked around and picked up a handful of sand and threw it on the ground. Percy laughed.

"Um your on my beach. My cabin is like 400 yards that way. You didn't even leave camp"

"Oh" I said kind of embarrassed.

"Come on. Let's get back to the others" he said holding a hand out to help me up. I took it graciously.

"Hey, how did you get here anyways?with the jumping in the ground thing." he asked

"Oh um... Why did you call nico here?" I said changing the subject

"What?" he said

"You called nico to camp halfblood like the other day...? ring a bell?"

"Um, no...? should it?"

"Oh no. If you didn't call who did?" A horrible realization dawned on me. In a split second I was sprinting down the beach. Toward camp. Toward my Anubis.

Nico's POV:

"REYNA! WHY DID YOU KISS ME?!"

We were out of the dinning pavilion and in clearing by the woods.

I paced back and forth, my mind in turmoil.

"I-I- I'm sorry it's just... I thought you were dead!! And all of a sudden your back and it was like nothing ever happened. You can't yell at me like this Nico, because I still love you!!!"

"I can't do this right now." Turning my back to reyna, I said," We called it off at the end of the war. You can't come up and kiss me! You are my EX! This is OVER! I'm trying to be civil but really reyna this is too much." I pause, and then ran off to look for Sadie

I checked the rest of camp and found no such luck with sadie. Hades, I didn't even know if she was in camp. I started to walk down the beach shouting "Sadie! Sa- ughf" sadie ran up to me, threw her arms around my neck, and wrapped her legs around my waist. I squeezed her back it a bear hug.

"Oh Sadie. please forgive me I am so sorry. I never intended for Reyna to even show up. I-" She cut me off with a simple kiss. "Anubis. Shut up. I love you and that's all that matters. But there are bigger problems we need to handle"

"Who's Anubis?" I set down sadie, but not letting go and saw Percy. He had his hands on his knees and was out of breath. "Dam sadie. you run fast"