Chapter 16

Side note: Oh man I can't even. I wrote this and I can't believe... No spoilers but just... Ugh

Percy's POV:

As soon as she walked into the room... I don't even know. It was like all the guilt I had been suppressing all these years just came up and drowned me all over again. Bianca. She was here. She wasn't dead. Don't get me wrong I was surprised Octavian was here too but Bianca. She was alive!! She can shoot fire out of her hands? Last time I checked only Leo Valdez could do that. And that wasn't wasn't Leo Valdez. I shot nico a questioning look. He just responded with a look and a shake of his head which clearly read: don't ask. I'll tell you later.

The Not-Bianca gave me a once over. "I'm Zia Rashid. Who are you?"

"Percy Jackson. Greek. Son of Poseidon." I began saying that to new people. Not trying to be cocky but usually when I said that, people who aren't really people, but monsters, attacked me. And I always anticipated it. Zia nodded and turned her attention back to Octavian.

"Octavian, please tell me you called Anubis and Sadie to Camp Halfblood."

He looked up very confused. "What? Who's that?" I got it all of a sudden.

"She means Nico, you as-"

"No." He interrupted me with a sneer.

"Wait where is Sadie?" Carter asked.

"Shist..." Nico mumbled. "That's kind of why we're here. She confused the barrier at camp. And now it won't let her out..." He had been staring at the ceiling the whole time and just now looked down to Carter. Presumably to see his reaction. I expected a whole yelling match or explosion of some sort. Instead, Carter just shrugged his shoulders and said,

" Not the worst situation she's been stuck in. Remember the sphinx statue coming alive?" Carter nudged Nico with his arm and they both smiled like they were sharing an inside joke.

I didn't get what was so funny. I've dealt with sphinxes before. And honestly, they suck. The last one I dealt with was in the labyrinth and she almost ate me! And Annabeth!

"Don't look so scared Percy," Nico said with a chuckle. "She'll be okay. She's tough." I nodded and watched as Octavian, that little fuck... He made cat claws with his fingers and silently went "wrawr" at me. Gods I hated that kid. Ripping up people's pillow pets. Unacceptable. And no, I still haven't gotten over that. I loved that panda...

Zia gave him the dirtiest look and said with a strait face, "Octavian, I swear to Gods, if you ever do that again, I will summon Bes, and lock you in his limo while he's only wearing his speedo." I didn't quite understand the threat, but guessed it was pretty intense by the look on Carter and Nico's faces. I had a feeling me and this Not-Bianca were going to get along.

************These stars imply a time skip BTW****************

After Zia and Nico portaled all the Romans back to The underworld, Carter offered us a room and something to eat. And I swear on the River Styx this actually happened, when I walked in my room, a monkey threw a box of Cheerios at me and ran. A hit and run. By a monkey!

Anyways, after a quick nap (on a fairly weird pillow that looked like a hat) I started thinking about Zia, the Not-Bianca. I decided I needed to talk to Nico about this whole mess. I walked down the hall to his room. I knocked. No one answered. Downstairs maybe? I looked around.

Somehow the whole mess from the battle had been cleaned up. It wasn't spotless but I looked-like well- a bunch of kids were running the place. I wandered out onto a patio where I could a large table with everyone eating. Every one except Nico. But the weirdest part, the giant albino alligator in the pool. I realized I was getting weird looks just standing here. I looked to the closest kid, a little girl about 6 or 7, and asked her ,

"Have you seen Anubis? About this tall? Dark brown hair? Brown eyes? Black clothes all the time?"

She shook her head no and said, "look what I can do!" she held out her paper and crayons and the picture of a weird looking potato shaped person/monster peeled off the page! This was crazy!! I politely said something about that being "awesome" and speed walked back to my room. Before going back to bed I decided to try Nico's room again. I knocked. I could hear the shower going in his room. I banged harder on the door

"Open up Nico! I know you're in there! I can hear the shower!" I yelled. I was starting to get frustrated now. Apparently so was he. He swung the door open and raised his eyebrows as to say what do you want?

Only then did I get a good look at him standing in the door way. He was shirtless and only wearing his skinny jeans and his classic Chuck Taylor's (Converse). He had grown in the last few years. He had some serious muscle tone and was almost my height. And a contrast to his pale white skin, on his collarbone was a light bruise. Only I knew that wasn't just a bruise. I smirked.

"You got a lil somethin..." I said motioning to my collarbone. He checked himself and smoothly replied, "I was visiting Sadie at camp," he effortlessly slung his shirt on, "Jealous?"and walked in his room, keeping his door open. I felt something stir in the bottom of my stomach. Was I jealous? If I was, jealous of who? I took that as an invitation and followed him.

" So... Zia? looking exactly like Bianca? coincidence I don't think so. There aren't coincidences in our world." , I said getting strait to the point.

"Yeah. I told you she was reborn. Heroes that go to Elysium get that choice. Don't worry she doesn't remember anything. New life." He said somberly.

"Nico? Do you blame me for her death?", I asked quietly. That question had been bothering me since I was 15. He hesitated.

"I used to. I used to hate you because of it," he turned his back to me and started messing with something on his book shelf, which held CDs of all sorts of bands and pictures if him and Sadie, "But no, I don't blame you. She made her own choices. I made mine. We need to let these things go. Live, love, learn, and forget."

I sighed in relief. He didn't hate me. I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. He tensed but didn't move.

"If you ever want to talk Nico, I'm here." With that said I dropped my hand and walked out of his room.

In my own room, I laid down on the bed and instantly fell asleep. My dreams were very disturbing. And if I've learned anything over the years it that dreams, no matter how crazy, rarely mean nothing.