Chapter 18

Sadie's POV:

"Sadie are you sure about this. We don't have to if you don't want to..." Leo said unsurely.

"No. I'm sure." I replied confidently.

Wait, I skipped a part... It started a few minutes ago when Leo Valdez pulled me aside from the group. We were all in the training arena, including Percy, who I guess came back as well.

I was trying to learn how to fight hand-to-hand. I had always relied on magic and wondered. Surprise! I'm really good at it. But what did you expect from the Sadie Kane? The 7 others were standing in a circle around me and Jason cheering for one or the other of us.

Jason was currently trying to defend from my right hook (no weapons today). I juked left and dodged a punch by turning to the side. I grabbed Jason's arm and twisted. This resulted in him on one knee, and me standing behind him, one hand on his shoulder, the other behind his back so he couldn't move. It all happened so fast even I was surprised. This was fun!

I let go of his arm and he turned to look at me. He had the most flabbergasted look plastered on his face. The rest of the group looked in awe, except for Nico who was laughing so hard I swear I saw him wipe a tear from his eye.

"I take it that doesn't happen very often?" I said to Jason, smugly. He quickly gained his composure.

"Yeah right I let you win." he said playfully.

"Then what about a rematch? No holding back" I said confidently. He squinted his eyes assessing the possibilities of a rematch. I have a theory that Jason would make an excellent military leader.

"Actually... ," Leo interrupted, "Sadie, I need your help in bunker 9." I looked away from Jason who was covering up a pout, and turned my attention to Leo.

"Sure thing Valdez!" and with that I followed him to this mysterious Bunker 9. I barely caught Anubis shooting death glares at Leo's back. I gave Anubis a reassuring nod and followed Valdez.

~~~~~~~¥~~~~~~~~~

Despite being, not only a mechanics shop, but a teenage boy's man cave, Bunker 9 was really nice. I mean it was definitely owned by a boy but it was nice.

There were a few beanbag chairs strewn around the room and opened cans of pop and soda left on the table. Very classy. Not to mention the random tools sitting around the room.

Leo turned to me and got strait to the point. In one breath he said, "Alright sadie. I need your help. In the giant war I was stranded on this island Ogygia. But there was this girl, Calypso who was cursed and couldn't leave. And I swore on the River Styx I would find her again. I love her and I need your help to find her and get her off the island and back here." He looked at me and waited for my reaction.

"Ookayyy..." that was a lot to take in in 4 seconds. "I have a few questions though."

"Give me your best shot." he said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay 1) why can't you find her on your own?"

"The island has a curse where a man can only find it once."

"Have you tried-?"

"Yes."

"What about-"

"Yep. That to."

"Maybe if-"

"Sadie I've tried everything. Except magic. " the lanky teenager sighed.

"That's why you want my help?" I asked quizzically.

"Pretty much." He nodded.

I mulled this over in my head. Not very thoroughly let me remind you.

"Okay I'm in. Plus I'm getting sick of this place anyways." I said.

"Really? that's it?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah but I need to take down the barrier. I'm stuck here remember?"

"I have a feeling you already have a plan for that. Am I wrong?" he said with a playful smirk on his face.

"No sir, you are not. Now Reginald," I said pretending the Son of Hephaestus was my butler with my think British accent, "take me to the nearest barrier wall."

"Yes ma'am." he replied with a gentlemanly bow. And with that he led me outside to what I assumed was the invisible wall. "Well, here we are!" he said way to perky.

"Okay stand back. I don't even know if this is going to work...." I warned. Taking my advice like the smart little Hispanic elf he is, took about 4 or 5 steps away from me with caution and gave me a thumbs up. I held my hands out in front of me and faced the barrier. I summoned all my strength and chanted "ha-di!"

Instantaneously I felt like a weight had been lifted of my chest and whirl of wind blew against me. I barely saw the barrier, which now looked like warped glass or looking through a bubble, fall away in pieces like glass falling out of a window sill. Oops.

I looked back to Leo to make sure he was okay. He was standing there staring at me like that was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. But then again I am Sadie Kane. Who could blame the poor fellow?

I walked back and said "we better get going. With the barrier down, we need to get to Ogygia and back really fast so I can out the barrier back up." I turned to the nearest tree and made a portal. It was a really good one to be honest. Must be some crazy Egyptian lunar/solar holiday again. They were like every fugging day. As I was imagining the island I saw wisps of images in the sand portal. I looked to Leo. He had a kicked puppy look on his face and my heart melted. Whatever he saw broke his heart.

"Sadie are you sure about this. We don't have to if you don't want to..." Leo said unsurely.

"No. I'm sure." I replied confidently. "If this is going to make you happy, why not. I'm just a good person like that" I said smugly. I reached my hand out and twined his fingers with mine. I'm was offended when his first reaction was to pull away.

"Relax. I'm not trying anything. You need to hold my hand or you're going to get lost in the Duat. Dummy." I explained. He hesitantly obliged and held my hand.

"Okay Calypso. Here we come." I heard him mumble. Right before we jumped into the portal.