Chapter 25

Quinn... Quinn was sitting at the kitchen table, across from his parents, looking me right in the eye.

Jack's POV

As soon as I saw his car in the driveway, I knew this wasn't going to be pretty. At first I was worried, desperately thinking what I could do to solve this, but then I stopped, and came to a realization.

I'm seventeen years old. I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and I wasn't going to let Quinn control my life anymore.

When I saw him in the kitchen, I felt a deep hatred boiling inside me. How could this be my brother? How could I be related to someone like this? How could I be related to someone who couldn't accept the girl I loved because of how she looked?

I grabbed Amy's hand and whispered a quick "let's go" in her ear. She nodded, her eyes still locked with Quinn's afraid of what he would say, or do to her.

We slowly walked up the stairs, hand in hand, until we reached her bedroom. She sat on the bed, her face still looking blank. 

We sat in silence for a while, before she said abruptly "why is he back already?" I shrugged. "I don't know." I told her, my mind racing, trying to figure out possible situations that could have caused this. "Well... what should we do now?" Amy prompted. Again, I shrugged helplessly. "At this point, I don't know. It's up to you, really, becau-" I was cut off by the sound of a knock on the door. I frowned. I thought mom and dad would have left us alone... maybe it was Luke, coming to check on Amy?

I walked over to the door, glancing back at Amy, who had her eyes fixed on the closed door. I reached out to the door knob, and pulled the door back to see Quinn, standing in the doorway.

"What do you want?" I asked him icily. To my surprise, he didn't have his usual sneering, arrogant expression on. In its place was a look of... embarrassment? Guilt? I was so taken aback, that when he asked if he could come in, all I said was "y-yeah sure" despite the fact that I could feel Amy's incredulous stare on my back.

He walked in, straight over to where Amy was sitting, and I followed quickly, in case he threatened her, or tried to hurt her.

Instead, he sat down next to her and put his arm around her, in a brotherly way. She flinched a little, and I knew that she hadn't been expecting that either. I was about to ask him what he was doing when he uttered the three words I never thought I'd hear him say to her. "I'm so sorry." Amy looked over at me, confused, and I mirrored her expression. What was going on?

Amy's POV

When Quinn said he was sorry, I was perplexed. "What do you mean?" I asked him. He took a deep breath. "It's just... when I went to training camp, I met a lot of guys there. Older, more mature guys. I don't even remember how it came up, but we started talking about... my problem... and they, well, I guess they had seen a lot more of the world than I had. A few of the guys talked to me, and they were just, you know, a lot more cultured, sophisticated and stuff. They're good guys. They convinced me that it was meaningless, how people looked, and how we're all the same. I guess... really what I'm saying is I realized a lot of things at training camp. And one of them is that you didn't deserve what I did to you. If this is what you and Jack want, then just know I'm not standing in your way."

I was speechless. All of the worry, the anxiety of wondering what we were going to do about Quinn just melted away. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. All that relief, that happiness overcame me, and tears ran down my face. And for the first time, they weren't tears of sadness. Not tears of pain, or tears of heartache and longing. These were tears of bliss, of ecstacy.

Quinn removed his arm from around me, and Jack quickly took his place. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head, and all I could think of was how lucky I was to have met him.

After the flow of my tears finally slowed, Jack looked up at Quinn. "Why did you come back a week early though?" "Well, the coaching staff seemed to know something was up, because I kept talking to the guys, and I guess my performance was off, because they asked me what was wrong. I managed to convince them that we had a family emergency, and they flew me back home right away." He explained calmly. "Typical Quinn." Jack laughed. He looked down at me. "Quinn always was the best liar out of all of us." Quinn laughed and gently punched his shoulder. Jack's face lit up, and I could tell he was glad the have the old Quinn back.

A.N - So ya, as you can probably tell, the storys wrapping up, probably only a few chapters left.

-CanucksFanFics