1. We Were Bold and Young [edited]

I looked over my shoulder as my mother had her arms crossed leaning up against my door.

"I'm pretty sure a semester off is long enough."

"Anna, I'm pretty sure the college and the material will be there next semester."

"I am not missing another semester and spending my summer at a therapist again."

Mom looked back as my father walked into the room, "She wants to go then let her go."

Mom shook her head as she tossed her arms up then left the room.

Dad glanced back at me, "She just loves you kid."

"No dad this is suffocating me."

Dad picked up the photo frame, "Your life has been insane this past year."

"I just wanna go back and get my degree."

Dad nodded his head back at me as I zipped up the last bag, "We want you to be safe."

I nodded my head back at him, "I will be fine."

"Then we should get moving before you are late!" Dad grabbed my bag and ran down the steps.

I stopped as I glanced over at the frame, "This time will be different. It will all be different."

Our family home sits in Tulsa, Oklahoma and my new home will be Providence, Rhode Island.

That is 1533 miles from one point to the next.

That is also a 4 hour plane flight that I get to be alone and focus on what was to come in the new world that awaited for me in Rhode Island.

Dad glanced over at me, "You sure this is what you want?"

"Dad, seriously enough. I don't wanna do this right now. I don't wanna do this again."

"The last time I was here, I was flying to Rhode Island to pick you up. I was going to that little town to bring home my daughter."

"That won't happen again."

Dad slowed the car as the airport was coming up, "I want you to be happy."

"I will be happy."

"Bell, it's gonna be different."

I looked over at him.

"I know that when you came home last year that you were hurting. You were in a state that we couldn't help you. I couldn't do anything for you."
"Dad, please stop." I shook my head back at him.

"Bell, it hurts but I need you to know that I will always be here for you. I will always be here for you."

"Thanks again dad." I said getting out of the car as I wiped my eyes as I went into the airport with my bag behind me.

Providence, Rhode Island

It was really different from last time.

The air around the college was still.

It was not welcoming me back this time.

It was telling me something else.

I got out as the taxi driver looked back at me, "Good luck this semester."