7. Sparking Up My Heart [edited]

My alarm went off that next morning and I just laid there as it kept going off.

When it finally went off, I sat up and saw that Camille was gone.

I looked back at my alarm as I had an hour to get ready for my class.

I sat on the edge of my bed for a few minutes until I finally got up.

My reflection in the mirror was that of someone that was breaking.

I was breaking.

I closed my eyes as I knew that I had to come back or I was going to do something stupid.

I walked up the steps to my class when I saw Samy standing in the hallway. I smiled back at her as I went into the classroom.

Samy walked into the room after me as I found a chair open on the other side of the room.

I glanced up as she sat down next to me.

"Hey, I wanna apologize."

I looked back at her confused.

"Kavleen is really pushing hard about who you are and I'm sorry."

"It isn't worrying me."

Samy looked back at me with a smile, "Good because I think it's time that Xavier got some pay back for what he has done."

I looked up as the teacher walked into the room.

She put her bag down as she stepped up on the little stage in the middle of the room.

She looked at us as it was a small class.

I glanced over at Samy as she was ready to take notes.

"A great man by the name of Frank Zappa once said, 'If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.' I find this as true as over the years I come to class and as the year goes on, I always have my classes growing smaller and even some coming in late. I always laugh and I know the truth. Some of you have late nights and some of you have very long, thrusting nights."

I looked back at the professor as she smiled down at the ground.

"I love young love, I love watching young boys going after the girls and seeing how far they are able to go. I mean I just think it is so amazing to see a boy so full of himself get kicked down when she says no."

I narrowed my eyes at the teacher as she clicked a button and the board to the back lit up with a graph.

It was about college sexual partners.

I looked back at the professor.

"Many of you would think that this is a class about the relationship that sex has with our mind, so I ask you now what do you think our mind has to do with our lower minds that most of the time have a mind of their own."

I glanced down as my phone went off. I turned it off as I pushed it back into my bag.

The professor continued, "Do we have sex for fun, do we have sex for pleasure, or do we do it because everyone else is doing it? I am Professor Benson and I will be the one waking up your mind about the thing most of you come here to do."