17. Tomorrow we'll Rise So We Fight Today [edited]

"Anna, Anna, what the fuck just happened?" Duke mumbled out as I glanced up from Ethan's body that was on the ground infront of me.

I shook my head back at him, "I don't know."

"Is he dead?"

I stepped back as Duke ran over to him.

"Anna, IS HE DEAD?"

I glanced down at him as he checked his pulse, "Duke...is he...is he ok?"

Duke glared back at me, "I'm guessing you forgot the part where you ripped his heart out?"

I glanced down at my hands as Duke shook his head.

"There is nothing."

I stumbled back as Duke glanced over at me.

"I just killed him. I killed him."

Duke looked over his shoulder, "What are they doing?"

I looked up as Samy and Sabrina walked through the door with Abby behind them.

Abby grinned back at me as she tossed the jacket over to me, "Took you long enough."

Duke got up as I shook my head back at her.

Kavleen walked around the group as she looked back at Duke, "We should leave."

Abby smiled at me, "It's time to go home."

I smiled back at her as Duke reached out and grabbed my hand. "Give me a few minutes with him."

Samy shook her head, "Come on guys, they need this time alone."

Kavleen smiled as she turned and went out the door.

Duke looked at me confused as I turned back to him.

"You wanna know what is going on."

"That would be nice." Duke looked at me.

"I told you that my bloodline is old."

"Yea, I heard that." Duke looked at me wanting more.

"When twins are born in my world, there is a light and dark twin. Ethan was that dark twin. He was sent away when we were born and what I took it was that he was handled."

"You mean killed?"

"Handled, but when I came to school here last year and I saw him. I didn't know what to do."

"The murder?"

"The girl was killed by Ethan in a way to catch my attention."

"What about Xavier and Camille?"

"I told Camille about Ethan and she knew what needed to be done." I looked back at him.

Camille looked over at me across the kitchen as I nodded my head back at her.

She went up the back steps as she walked around a couple making out.

Camille got to the top of the steps when she saw Liam at the end of the hallway with Abby in his arms. She narrowed her eyes as she walked into Xavier's room.