19. You Can Mark My Words Something's About To Break [edited]

One Year Later

Duke slammed the car door shut as the guy shouted something at him then spit on the window. Duke shook his head as he turned around and found Judy walking toward him.

"You closed another great case Duke."

Duke nodded his head back at her.

"Duke, I know this is different for you but maybe you need some time off."

"You tell me that after every case I close."

"Then take my advice and take a break. Go home and see some family or just take a weekend and drink at your house. But get out of my station."

Duke glanced over as Sam was on his phone. "I will think about it."

Judy walked away as Sam walked toward him.

Duke narrowed his eyes as Sam turned him away from the others, "What is wrong with you?"

"I just got word that she has been spotted."

Duke looked at him, "What did you just say?"

"Someone finally picked Anna up, she has been spotted."

"Where, tell me right now." Duke ran back to his car.

"I will send you the details."

Duke nodded his head as he got into the car and drove off from the scene.

Duke walked into the Providence Airport as he flashed his badge as the security guard nodded him into the back.

The officer looking over the paperwork glanced up as Duke walked into the room. "I was told you would be here."

"Is it really her?"

The officer nodded his head as he stepped out of the way.

Duke looked up as there she was just sitting in the room looking at the window. "Where did you catch her coming from?"

"Paris, it was a connecting flight to Texas."

Duke glanced back at the officer.

"The FBI will be here in about 10 if you wanna talk to her, then I would do that before she takes off again."

Duke nodded his head as he went for the door.

The officer walked out of the room as Duke opened the door to the interview room.

Duke looked down as she looked up at him, "Anna."

She grinned back at him as she just remained silent.

"What are you doing back? You knew that they would find you and do this to you."

She still didn't speak.

Duke narrowed his eyes at her, "Anna, why are you back?"

She glanced up at him with a smile.

"Speak, Anna, talk to me before they arrive and you are gone. They aren't going to let you go again."

"They don't have a choice when they have the wrong person."

Duke stepped back as he realized that it wasn't her voice.