36. Conspire

Athelia emerged from the water hoping she had washed away some of guilt. Never in her years had she ever experienced an emotional backlash such as this, but it was as if being on Asgard had tainted every core values she had carried with her.

     All she had ever wanted was a good fight and a long night with a victor, but she knew now that it was only a facade. All of the bloodshed, all of the lies and all of the countless victims that fell at her sword we're nothing more than a means to bury a want she never thought she could have.

     Thor had left her in peace that night. He kissed her hand and kissed her head, but he never made any attempt to go further. She had been fully prepared to give herself to him in hopes that he would accept her lies, but he proved to be a better man than she had thought. Which made the guilt dig even deeper into her stomach. Not even the tears she spilled after his leave gave relief, nor was soaking in her stone bath for hours.

     She was running out of time. The convergence was only days away and the fact that the man she was to marry was not the man that held her every thought, began to weigh heavily on her. She was certain before that she would do everything in her power to keep her home safe, but now that she knew that Dorian was fine without her she want sure what she wanted.

     A part of her wanted to leave. Pack up her things and just get away from it all. Her wedding. Loki. Freya. The young girl still wouldn't talk to her and Athelia didn't blame her one bit. She had tried to make amends over the last few days but Athelia had clung to Siff as if she was the source of all answer and Bronen has convince to give her time.

     Though time was not in their favor. Freya was failing to contain the power that surged through her and even the chains that once bound Loki were barely keeping her here. It was a whole other battle that she had been selfishly ignoring, knowing there was nothing anybody could do to save her.

     Athelia's sighed as her door swung open, but she made no effort to move. She heard Uncle clear his throat from the doorway and pulled a cloth from the side of tub and covered herself before waving him over, thankful for his mind numbing presence.

     "You look like Hell Athelia," he chimed as he pulled a towel from the cuobaord and handed it to her. His back was turned despite her coverage and she rolled her eyes before plucking it from his fingers and stepping out of the never ending boil.

    Her pale skin was reddened with heat and even though she had soaked for hours, she still felt dirty and unclean. Something that Bronen was very aware of.

     "What do you Uncle?" She grabbed a silk dress from her bed and dissappeared behind the screen, emerging to see him rifling through the papers on her desk. "Looking for something?"

      He only nodded before falling back into the chair with a paper in hand. "This doctrine outlines your permissions of power over Dorian."

     She nodded, knowing very well he didn't agree with the limited list. "Yes?"

      Bronen stared up at her, his icy blue eyes were stale and stagnant. He was off, but she couldn't put her finger on it. He leaned back scanning the documents again as he placed his leather clad feet on to her desk.

      "You are aware they are removing all rights to the outsourcing of all vibranium?" He asked, receiving a curt nod. "If you allow this you will be eliminating over seventy five percent of all Dorian trade, not to mention the closing of the mines and weapon factories."

     Athelia's eyes closed and she sunk into the chair across from him. Thanks last thing she wanted to do right now was to talk politics and finances, but she knew Bronen and she knew he never spoke about such things unless he was truly concerned.