46. Unpredictable

"I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing?" Loki snapped at his brother as they sat in the darkness of the elven ship. Thor continued to press every button he could find, ignoring Athelia's request to fly it.

     "I said, how hard could it be."

     Athelia rolled her eyes in frustration as the shouting and fighting outside the ship grew louder.

     "Well, whatever you are doing brother, I suggest you do it faster."

     "Shut up, Loki." He snapped back.

      Athelia stood behind then, holding Freya closely as she scanned the flight deck. The ruins and symbols on each of the buttons were foreign to her, but over the years of desimating alien planets and having to occasionally steal a ship or two to flee, she had a picked up a few things and started to worry as not all ships started with a push of a button.

     "You must have missed something." Loki insisted, pushing Thor to the side as he tried to help.

     Thor stopped hitting the buttons and glared up at his brother. "No, I didn't. I'm pressing every button on this thing."

     "No, don't hit it, just press it gently."

     "I am pressing it gently," he shouted and in his frustrations stared slamming his hands against the controls. "It's not working!"

      The ship came to life quickly and Athelia held her tongue as she stepped back away from the controls. Thor hadn't even seen her come up behind him, but Loki did and he smirked as his brother shouted in triumph.

     The screen lit with blue signals she didn't understand and instead of a window to see through, she only saw chalky blue lines that outlined the infrastructure of the throne room and heat signatures of the soldiers around them. She had never seen a ship so poorly designed in her life, but then again  it wasn't meant to be flown by anyone other than a elf.

     "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" She asked Thor as she held tightly. He hovered for a moment, the ship rocking back and forth and her chest tightened as it began to tremble violently before lurching forward.

      "I think you missed a column." Loki taunted him again as Thor nearly leveled the throne room behind them.

      "Shut up."

      Athelia groaned as she stumbled about the control room. There were no seats or stands to lean upon, nothing to brace themselves or hold onto as the ship ripped through the city, destroying nearly everything in it's wake.

     They were thrown about as the ship rattle in the rear. Freya and Athelia fell forward just as Loki had and he lost his footing, falling backwards into the women.  He glared up at his brother and wreckless movements, but his anger faded as he felt movement under his hand.

     "Loki, you're crushing me."

     Athelia gasped as he moved forward so she could pull herself up. Her hand gripped his shoulder and he shivered as her fingers slid past the tender skin on his neck. His hand shot up, gripping her wrist tightly and she froze as the chill of his fingers faded the burn in her wrist.

     She stared at him as the familiar feeling began to work through her body, but before she could register what was happening her mind, the ship served harshly and she tumbled backwards yet again.

     Freya groaned from underneath, but didn't move even as Athelia tried to nudge her. She panicked, her eyes shooting to Loki who watched as the aether glowed in the young girls veins.