33. Loyalty

"You're losing your touch Athelia," Bronen tainted as he circled her, his thin blade at the ready.

      Athelia swung her blade in her hand, and pulled it close, searching for an opening of attack. It had been so long since she wielded Eiri, that it was true, she had lost her touch. Though she was thankful she finally had worthy opponent in which she could release all of her power.

     She faked a forward lunge and spun on as she brought her sword down to the back of his knee, but he easily blocked it and elbow her swiftly in the face.

     "You deserved that," he chuckled as she grabbed her jaw. She smiled widely. "You're to eager."

      She lunged forward and the blades connected over and over as they spun gracefully across the pit. Warriors that had been sharing the space with them had stopped what they were doing and retreated to the balcony as they watched them in awe. Two God's, slamming each other as if they were truly trying kill one another.

     "Maybe you should a different sword Athelia."

     "Are you afraid I'll hurt you uncle?"

      He smirked and stood straight as he unbuttoned his clock, letting it fall tot he ground. His armor was unlike any other, even of Dorian. The intricate designs that were etched over every part his plates were as delicate as his ego if you got him going and Athelia knew just how to stir him up.

      She stepped back slowly, a smirk on her face as she held her blade towards him. She motioned her hand for her to come and get her and he waisted no time diving at her full force. There clashing vibranium blades echoed through the surrounding Hall's of the palace, attracting more and more onlookersnon as they tore at each other.

      The kicked, they hit, they flipped and spun at each at an incredible rate and it wasn't until Thor and Siff showed up that Athelia faltered and Bronen threw a dagger that she normally would have caught.

     "Athelia!"

     The crowd fell silent as Thor jumped the balcony and dashed across the pit towards her. Athelia felt the thudding under her skin as her wound tried to heal and she cringed as she wrapped her hands around the bloody hilt and pulled it out.

     "This was my favorite pauldron," she whined as she plucked the blade from the leather strap. Thor looked at her quizically as the blood soaked into the beige fabric of the tag like shirt she had been wearing underneath.

      "You should know better than to come at me in nothing more than training pads." He said as he rolled his shoulders. "You know I never go easy on you."

      She tossed the flimsy Asgardian dagger to the ground and smiled as her long curls faded along with her thin leather attire. A smile fell across her face as she glanced down at her full suit of armor and she inhaled deeply as Thor stepped forward.

     "I think you've had enough for the day Athelia," Thor said as he reached for her.

     She held Eiri up, the blade inches away from the palm of his hand and he glared at her as her smiled faded. "Unless you want to take his place I suggest you go back to your little friend."

      Bronen sighed, noticing the binds in her wrists tightening and fastened his sword in his hilt. "Athelia he's ri-"

       Bronen's hand shot up as a dagger flew towards his face and he gripped it, spinning quickly before throwing it back it her. Her eyes hazed over for just a second as the dagger stopped mid air and she smirked as she waited for him to unhilt his sword before letting it fall.