45. Conspicous

Athelia cringed as Thor left her with Loki. She had half expected him to disappear the moment Thor dropped the shield, but much to her surprise he smiled as his faded behind his valiant illusion once again.

      "That's quite the scar you got there," he whispered, running his finger over her skin gently.

      Athelia closed her eyes as a chill ran through her spine and Loki grinned, knowing his touch was intoxicating her. If it hadn't been for Thor he would have thrown her into his bed and played with the darkness that seeped from her, but a gentle touch was all he could manage without losing what sanity he had left.

     She pulled her hand away from him and shook her head. "Please don't."

    He wanted to object, but Thor returned quickly, informing them that the guards were still there. Athelia reached for his hand, basking in the warmth as her body pulled back and forth between the different energies running through the veins if each arm. She knew there was no time for emotions though and grabbed hold of Loki's forearm tightly before closing her eyes and pulling them from the dungeons.

      Thor did his best not to stumble, but Loki chuckled at his brother's lack of balance. Athelia steadied Thor and smiled at him, trying to keep the two of them from bickering as the Einjerher walked slowly down the corridor directly across from them.

     "Sif will be waiting for us just outside the throne room," Thor said as she straightened himself up. He ignored his brother's snarky comment about the plan already going sideways and looked down Athelia, who was anything but okay. "Are you ready?"

      She nodded.

      Loki walked between the two of them as the snuck their way towards the throne room. Athelia was getting aggravated with Loki's unusual giddiness and it wasn't until she fell back behind them that she felt like she could breathe again.

     This was most definitely a bad idea and she couldn't get it out of her. Even as the two bickered back and forth just as normal brother's would, she could see the strain between.

     "This is so unlike you brother." Loki cooed as they continued to walk quickly. "So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out."

     "If you keep speaking, I just might." Thor retorted as Athelia groaned.

     "Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." Loki looked back over his shoulder and winked at Athelia before he transformed himself into a golden Einjerher. "Is this better?"

     "It's better company at least."

     "Still we could be less conspicuous." He chuckled, quickly phasing back to himself and looking over at his brother. Athelia froze as she watched the long white curls tumble down Thor's back as he took her form in the gown she wore the night they nearly slept together. "Mmm, brother, you look ravishing."

     Thor stopped walking as he gazed down at his appearance. She watched as her hands clenched beside him and Thor looked back where Athelia had stood in a stunning silence. She had never seen herself before and now that she had, a thousand more unnecessary thoughts traveled through her mind as she tried to catch her breath.

      Thor growled in frustration and turned back to Loki before he walking off again. "It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

     "Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions given that you seem to like them so much." Athelia's stone sour look turned into a smile as she watched him transform one last time and she couldn't help but wonder if the darkness she thought he would bring to her life was valid. He was a trickster yes, but if this is what she would have lived with, she realized it could have very well made her happy . "Oh this is much better."