trois

The morning after was horrible, I was sick and Charles words went through my head, what the hell was that and why didn't I stop him? Or did I just imagine it?

Did I like him?

And what was that with the people that left him? I know that he has been through some stuff, but my wisdom is limited.

Let's see what happens next.

For now I just want to lie in my bed until the world seems more clearer again.

I doze off. Let this sleep be a good one.

But my prayers were unheard.

After about half an hour, my phone rang.

Unknown number

"Hello??"

"Hi, it's me, Charles."

"Charles?"

"Yes, Leclerc, you know me, we go to the same school? You hate me?"

"I would recognize this voice any time, why are you calling me?"

"I was wondering if you would like to grab breakfast with me at 10 in this restaurant where one can look over the harbor of Monaco? I pick you up."

"Why would I want to?"

"We have something to talk about."

"Ok, but you are paying."

"See you later, mon amour."

Oh no, why did I say yes, its in 10 minutes and I look like puke.

I made myself presentable as good as possible and soon after that the bell rang.

While riding his sports car, Charles was really quiet. We got to this amazing restaurant and got the table with the best view since we were only few people today.

We ordered and began to eat, still no words.

After we finished, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Charles, please, just get it over with."

"Ok, so, I think it is easier to just get it all out in one go... I wanted to ask you if we could go on a few dates. I know that we don't really get along but thats just because I thought I hated you and you reminded me of someone I lost. I got really cold after my godfather Jules died in a car crash while racing and even colder after my father died a few months ago. You and Jules are so alike and you even have the same name, I mistook my hatred towards you for attraction because I didn't want to face positive feelings again. I hated you. Or I thought I hated you, but that isn't the case. And I don't fuck around, I know you think that, Romain mentioned it once but that is what my ex-girlfriend told everyone because I broke up with her, she didn't take it good. I am a really good guy, ok, I was maybe a bit of a jerk on the party, it's just because I can't handle alcohol at all and I have no idea what drink my friend gave me. I think I just needed something for my nerves, I am always so calm and never nervous, it is driver mentality, but you Jules, you make me nervous, thats why I ignore you all the time. But I realized I need to have you, if I don't get you I will never be the same. I am so hard on myself, I will forever regret not trying to get you and explore my feelings. I just want to let you see how good of a guy I am. That I deserve you."

"Say no more. I say yes. Let's try going on a few dates."