Beginning...Of The End

I woke up with a splitting headache. It was okay though, it wasn't anything new to me since I frequently had headaches. I opened my eyes a little and saw that the sun was high in the sky and I was still in my comfy bed.

As I finally got up I realised the headache this time was way more severe. It was as if my head would explode. I started searching for my phone. As soon as I found it, I switched it on only to find about 100 messages and missed calls from almost everyone I knew, and the first one was from my mother. But the more surprising fact was that it was from two days ago.

Now, I would frequently have my mother giving me millions of calls as I lived abroad. So I thought , I might have accidentally switched my phone off for two days. Yeah I know that might be a little unbelievable for some people, but in my case, it was completely possible.

So I stopped worrying and decided to get a shower. The only thing making all of it difficult was my head. As I got into the shower I saw my reflection and "Oh, God!" I was covered with bruises all over my chubby body. What the hell had happened?!? I looked like a nightmare honestly. I couldn't remember anything that could have caused it.

I started taking a shower trying to remember how I had got those bruises and that's when I noticed a huge scar on my head as well. It looked awful. As if all this wasn't odd enough, I still couldn't remember how I had got them in the first place.

Thus I started to recall as much as I could. All I could remember was that I had given my last examination on Friday and decided to spend my vacations here itself, rather than with my mother. So I walked out of the shower still shaken. I thought maybe due to the headache I wasn't able to think clearly and maybe relaxing a little would help.

I got dressed and started going through my phone when my eyes fell on today's day . It was MONDAY. You bet I was shocked. Hell, I couldn't believe it for a whole damn hour. Yeah obviously right?? How can this be? Totally impossible. I thought my phone had gone ballistic on me after I threw it on the wall last night. Don't ask why. So I turned on the super old television set in my room and scrolled through channels. But honestly, news channels can't go ballistic on me right?! Every one of the channels displayed a Monday, 27th January. Oh, this ain't happening. What the heck?! All that I could remember was what I had done on Friday...and after that, it was all blank.

Not even blur but blank. Two days had gone by and I couldn't remember a single thing that had happened during the two days. Wow. Just wow. I tried to remember again. And again. And again. And some more recollection of me going to a party on Friday night became clear. Again after that, it was a blank. My head aching even more. I'm already stupid enough to the point that I'm anxious during normal, day-to-day situations...but this? This couldn't be considered normal right?! This doesn't happen to everyone, right? No this couldn't be happening to me right now. It was totally impossible.

I started reasoning myself, maybe I drank too much at the party, fell and slept for two days straight. Weird, but that could be something.

Just then the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone though, Being an introvert I talked to very few people at college. But it could be the only idiot that sticks to me at the hell called the college, my bestie. It was almost like a ray of hope right now, because she might know what had happened during the two days.

I ran towards the door but as I opened the door, all my hopes crashed. There stood two men in uniforms and the most unwelcoming look on their face. One of them looked like he was in his mid-thirties while the other seemed younger than him. But both of them looked like they meant business.

"Miss Pattinson??" , said the older one.

"Yes, that's me"

"Well, to introduce myself, I am Detective Joe and we are here to arrest you."

"Arrest me?? What for? I did not do anything!"

"Miss, it is in connection with the murder of Mr William Robertson."

"What the- What are you saying?? You mean William is dead?! And I am being arrested for it?? Are you out of your mind??" No no what was he saying, I thought.

"Well, we have to at least interrogate you as you are one of the suspects. So please cooperate with us or we would have to force you."

"Okay, I will come. But I am telling you I didn't do it."
"We will be the ones to decide that. Now if you would follow us."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

How was it guys and gals?
Please do give me your feedback as it is very precious to me. And yeah, do comment and vote if you like it. Do continue reading. Thanks for reading. Every reader is really important to me💕
Oh yeah and the updates might be slower than you want them to be because I'll be busy with my studies, so sorry about that hehe😚